Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) CB Quran Hafiz

Disgusting doesn't even come close to describing what happened assuming Deadspin hasn't embellished  the story for its own benefit.  If Hafiz was in any way involved, I don't want him in an IU uniform representing our university, I don't care how good he may be.  

A lot of times their reporting is super one-sided. (I unfollowed them during and right after the election) But the girl that wrote this piece specializes in sexual crime and she basically only used the police reports to form her story, so I felt comfortable using it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Only OV. I'm sure there were several unofficial visitors.

Seems odd that Nebraska and Iowa St would all of a sudden pull out of the recruitment as soon as the incident came to light if they didn't have any evidence that the recruit in question was Quran.

Lets just hope said recruit was someone else but IU should be 100% sure about that or they are not doing the right thing here.

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Seems odd that Nebraska and Iowa St would all of a sudden pull out of the recruitment as soon as the incident came to light if they didn't have any evidence that the recruit in question was Quran.

Lets just hope said recruit was someone else but IU should be 100% sure about that or they are not doing the right thing here.

And in the event that it's him, pull the scholarship immediately.

Reading the report clearly and over and over when the recruit is mentioned, whatever happened with the first two was consensual. The girl even states the recruit left the room saying this school is messed up!! After the first two guys the rest is sickening. The video of the recruit and her was reviewed and police & the university claimed it was consensual. I don't like the idea of having a player on our team that is gonna be involved w this kinda thing, but let's be honest...if it stops after the first two....this story never happens and it gets marked as a college experience, but then anywhere from literally 8 to 18 more guys take clear advantage of her. That is why it is sickening.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Reading the report clearly and over and over when the recruit is mentioned, whatever happened with the first two was consensual. The girl even states the recruit left the room saying this school is messed up!! After the first two guys the rest is sickening. The video of the recruit and her was reviewed and police & the university claimed it was consensual. I don't like the idea of having a player on our team that is gonna be involved w this kinda thing, but let's be honest...if it stops after the first two....this story never happens and it gets marked as a college experience, but then anywhere from literally 8 to 18 more guys take clear advantage of her. That is why it is sickening.

That was my thinking as well. The part involving the recruit sounded consensual to me but the whole ordeal is absolutely sickening,

36 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

17 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

That was my thinking as well. The part involving the recruit sounded consensual to me but the whole ordeal is absolutely sickening,

Yeah... disagree strongly. None of that was consensual based on the reports. Not a good situation at all... Discrepancies between the university and police investigations are disturbing to say the least...

Whether it was arguably consensual is only relevant in assessing the likelihood of successful criminal prosecution.

It is irrelevant is assessing whether he should be a student athlete at Indiana University. If the Minnesota recruit described in these reports is our recruit...he shouldn't be anymore.

We just fired our football coach for non-performance reasons.. I don't think Coach Allen would turn around and do something that would bring even more negative attention to IU just a few weeks later. I'm confident he did his due diligence before bringing in the kid. 

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah... disagree strongly. None of that was consensual based on the reports. Not a good situation at all... Discrepancies between the university and police investigations are disturbing to say the least...

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Whether it was arguably consensual is only relevant in assessing the likelihood of successful criminal prosecution.

It is irrelevant is assessing whether he should be a student athlete at Indiana University. If the Minnesota recruit described in these reports is our recruit...he shouldn't be anymore.

Saying the first two seemed consensual was more me looking at it from a legal standpoint(which i have no legal experience) especially when the victim said she was unsure if it was consensual or not. What really happened with the first two seems like no one not even the victim knows what actually happened which is disturbing in and of itself. Personally I think the first two are in the wrong even if it was consensual because what transpired after is just as much on them as it is the others in my personal opinion. The rest is without a doubt in my opinion(again I'm no legal expert) rape and I don't see how it could even be argued. 

Morally however I find it all absolutely disgusting and I would prefer not to have anyone associated with this in any way walking freely on the streets let alone at IU. 

30 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We just fired our football coach for non-performance reasons.. I don't think Coach Allen would turn around and do something that would bring even more negative attention to IU just a few weeks later. I'm confident he did his due diligence before bringing in the kid. 

He was being recruited while Kevin Wilson was still head coach. I'm sure/hoping Coach Allen will look in to this situation again.

55 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I don't think lack of saying no makes it consensual.  Sounded like she was scared and was trapped in the room by the player. 

Even the first two was a bad situation, but that report didn't really sound consensual to me.  I took it more like you did, which isn't consent.

14 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

According to someone on another board, IU hasn't officially accepted his commitment and they are still reviewing the case. So this kid may or may not make it to Btown.

Hallelujah, praise the lord, and amen!

15 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

According to someone on another board, IU hasn't officially accepted his commitment and they are still reviewing the case. So this kid may or may not make it to Btown.

247 also is not showing him as a commit