Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana vs Wake Forest Game Thread (9/24 - 3:30 PM - BTN)

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

And complete it to which team? I call for a change. That was horrendous.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

It's also just his 3rd start at this level, I'm at least willing to see if/how he bounces back.  I'm not even that high on Lagow, I thought posters on this board were over hyping him; I would've preferred Chad Kelley.

I think the team has more upside with Lagow, but much of that is 2 years of evidence showing us Diamont in utterly incapable of keeping the defense honest.

This was a real s**t show but it's one game vs 2 years.

4 hours ago, akhosrof said:

Don't understand the five interceptions could have been seven at all. If you want to play the what if game take away 250 yards of passing because Lagow made throws most QBs can only dream of. On the INTs: You had two balls which should have been caught. You can say they were thrown two hard but both times the receiver got both hands on the ball. Both plays were quick slants where the QB has to put the ball where only the receiver can catch it. The Westbrook INT was more difficult a catch than the Timeon INT. IMO Timeon should have caught the slant for a TD, 14-0 Hoosiers. That was a drop...

The INT on the duck to midfield, that was a tipped ball, Lagow was trying to hit Paige down the seam. That ball was not intended for Jones at midfield.

We can fault Lagow for throwing the ball too hard, but he made some hella good throws. Those types of throws are the building blocks of CKW's offense. If our QB cannot do that, you will see an offense like the one against PSU last year: Anemic.

The facts about Lagow: we knew all of this about him going in. He didn't have touch on short passes, he has a waste high hitch in his throwing motion on longer throws which leads to batted balls and jumped routes, he still doesn't have much movement in his lower body to square up on throws. Terrible for accuracy, but it shows how damn strong his raw arm strength is!

Brett Favre also had a hitch in his throwing motion which lead to INTs. Similar to Favre, Lagow is a gun slinger. I would rather have a gun slinger who can gets yards in a blink of an eye than the anemic offense we are used to when Zander takes the field.

Bottom line: we've been spoiled the past few years by Suds. Suds is an NFL QB, college head coaches would kill for three years of someone of his talents. That is not the norm, we got extremely lucky we had Seth Litrell on staff to recruit Suds.

Lagow is a very talented QB who will get better as the year goes on. Everyone needs to chill out. He is going to fill up a stat sheet with yards, TDs, and yes, INTs.

The more pressing matter is the run game. If we don't get it fixed there will be a higher chance of these sort of games. Put any college QB in his third game in there and tell him he has to throw 60 times. The results will be a lot worse than Lagow.

Look at the positives, we moved the ball very well and got multiple receivers involved. Westbrook is a stud, Ricky Jones showed he's still a legit playmaker, and Mitchell Paige is going to get a lot of receptions. Need to get the run game back on track!

Everyone talks about arm strength, frankly I'll take an accurate QB with a weaker arm over one with a big arm and struggles with accuracy every time. 

Which still excludes Diamont.

EDIT:  I can really suck at typing sometimes.

14 hours ago, Josh said:

I understand this. But we just had 5 interceptions that could have been 7. Heads need to roll.

Legow needs to feel the bench. Zander time.

Trust me, if we had a better option I'd be more willing to make a change.  I'm not that high on Lagow, and to me arm strength means zilch if it's not on target.  Diamont is being drastically overrated IMO, he can run a little bit but he can't throw at all; that would be intentionally handicapping the offense, and the opposing D would load the box on every play.  QBs have to be able to pass, they do not have to be able to run; the last we saw of Diamont he was a long way from even being serviceable as a passer, the best thing for him is a redshirt year where he works extensively on throwing.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

The only thing I'm a hater of is turnovers. They drive me crazy

I mean, with Diamont they'd have just as many 3 and outs as first downs. And the defense isn't good enough to make up for a quarterback who can't throw the ball

Trust me, if we had a better option I'd be more willing to make a change.  I'm not that high on Lagow, and to me arm strength means zilch if it's not on target.  Diamont is being drastically overrated IMO, he can run a little bit but he can't throw at all; that would be intentionally handicapping the offense, and the opposing D would load the box on every play.  QBs have to be able to pass, they do not have to be able to run; the last we saw of Diamont he was a long way from even being serviceable as a passer, the best thing for him is a redshirt year where he works extensively on throwing.

I think we've been all spoiled by Sudfeld the past three years. Welcome to life of having an average B1G QB. Having "a better option" is something 10/14 B1G teams would like. Even teams with four star recruits. The top B1G teams can get by with an average QB. For the lower tier teams like us, we need high level play from the position.

This was Lagow's third game. There's no denying Lagow's talent. He has shown flashes of being a capable top tier B1G QB. He can make throws not many QBs can make. And that just doesn't require arm strength, but accuracy and timing too. Suds wasn't the most accurate QB but he was smart and consistent. Lagow just needs to learn from his mistakes and get better as the season goes on.

Honestly, I could see Lagow as the type of guy who tears it up and gets us a win against a team like Michigan State, then throws multiple INTs against a team like Rutgers. He's a gun slinger. We might just have to live and die by that if the run game can't get going. Let's see what the kid can do.

I hope they both are able to play. If we are to pull the upset against MSU we need a healthy O-line. We will also need to play smarter on defense and not throw 5 picks on offense. Maybe we'll get to see Camion Patrick soon; keep hearing how great he is.

I was walking downtown St Petersburg this morning when I ran into former governor of Florida Charlie Crist. We struck up a conversation.

It's Saturday, so of course I'm wearing my IU hat. He mentioned that he played quarterback at Wake Forest in his youth and asked if I watched the IU Wake Forest game last week. He said he was shocked that Wake won.

I'm not sure how to take that. Is our football reputation that good across the country?

#footballschool