Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana vs Wake Forest Game Thread (9/24 - 3:30 PM - BTN)

I'm looking forward to this one. This is a game we should dominate, but if we let Wake stick around they will capitalize. They have a stingy D and like to run the ball.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/wake-forest-qb-hinton-out-2-4-weeks-with-knee-sprain-091916

Hinton being out helps us. He had a few crazy plays against us last season where it looked like we had him for a loss. Similar to the play last week from Riley Neal.

This game is where we should see the benefits of Coach Allen as DC and his preaching of sound tackling all offseason.

On offense I'm sure CKW will continue to try and assert the run game and out muscle the opponent given the strength of our line. However, I'd like to see the playbook open a little more and Lagow given some more opportunities to take shots downfield, or more timing sidelines throws.

Definitely, there are still plenty of winnable games on the schedule.

Favored: Mary, PSU, pu

Winnable: Neb, @NW, @Rut

Dog: MSU, @O$U, @UM,

Pick 'em: neutral vs. Wiscy

If OSU can pull together a pass rush "underdog" will be a polite term. They're beyond legit. Great year in the Big Ten.

Definitely, there are still plenty of winnable games on the schedule.

Favored: Mary, PSU, pu

Winnable: Neb, @NW, @Rut

Dog: MSU, @O$U, @UM,

Pick 'em: neutral vs. Wiscy

Our schedule is shaping up really well. PSU and NW are looking a lot weaker than expected. Nebraska is looking a lot stronger than expected. Contingent upon beating Wake, I would say:

Expected to win: PU, Rutgers, Maryland

Winnable: NW, PSU

Dog: Nebraska, MSU

Highly unlikely: UM, OSU

I don't want to get my hopes too high on an 8 win season: Rutgers and Maryland are true wild cards with new coaches. I expect to beat them both (finally Rutgers especially) but it's hard to tell how good these two teams are at this point.

From the video posted today it looked like Feeney might have been practicing in a non contact jersey. Could have been another linemen though. Usually last step of concussion protocol is a practice with full gear and no contact that you get through symptom free.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Multiple tweets:

IU kicker Aaron Del Grosso was arrested this morning by BPD. He was booked into the Monroe County jail at 3:33 a.m. on charges of public intoxication and criminal trespassing.   Del Grosso was IU's starting kicker to begin the 2014 season. He appeared in the Ball State game two weeks ago.

Police arrested a backup kicker for #IU football team this morning after he refused to leave an ex-girlfriend's during fight over dog.

Second off-the-field incident for IU football this month. Freshman DT Jerome Johnson cited for illegal consumption of alcohol Sept. 3.

Then this popped on from the Indiana Daily Student:

IU junior kicker Aaron Del Grosso was arrested at 3:04 a.m. this morning for criminal trespassing and public intoxication.

Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of the Indiana 45/46 Bypass after Del Grosso called wanting his dog back from his ex-girlfriend. They then received a second call, BPD Capt. Steve Kellams said, from a roommate of the ex-girlfriend who said an intoxicated man had forced his way into their apartment.

"When we got there we came into contact with Del Grosso, he was out in the street," Kellams said. "He claimed that his ex-girlfriend had his dog and he wanted it back. There was a disagreement about the ownership of the dog. Both parties claimed ownership of the dog."

Kellams said officers advised Del Grosso that it was a civil matter and that he needed to leave the property.

Del Grosso refused.

"We gave him several opportunities to leave, asked him several times to leave and he would not do it," Kellams said. "Finally we did get him onto the sidewalk area, off of the property, and officers did leave, but within just a few minutes he went back onto the property and began knocking on the door again."

Officers received a second call from the ex-girlfriend and roommate about Del Grosso being back on their property and knocking on the door. When officers returned to the scene it was at that point Del Grosso was arrested for trespassing and public intoxication.

Del Grosso was IU’s primary kicker in 2014 as a freshman before now-junior Griffin Oakes took over the starting job early in the season. Del Grosso did not appear in any games in 2015, but did appear on a kickoff in IU's win over Ball State in the 2016 home opener.

This is the second incident involving an IU football player in September. Freshman defensive lineman Jerome Johnson was cited on Sept. 3 for illegal possession and consumption. Resident assistant staff found Johnson passed passed out and unresponsive in a stairwell landing between the third and fourth floor at Briscoe Quad.

Jordan Guskey