Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2019) DE George Karlaftis to Purdue

Need to knock out a few more in-state offers. We were the first to offer back in July and are still his only offer. He's putting up some decent numbers so far this year.

West Lafayette, IN (West Lafayette)
6'5"/240

Scout

Rivals

Videos

Stats

Twitter

Last summer, Indiana became the first school to offer class of 2019 prospect George Karlaftis, a bright young prospect in the Hoosier State.

Karlaftis is participating in the U.S. Army Junior Combine this week and measured 6-foot-4, 236 pounds. He validated the early Indiana offer by going out as a sophomore and recording 13 sacks. 

That has brought out some new schools. "No [new] offers yet, but a bunch of other schools started talking to me around the Midwest," he said, "like Notre Dame, Michigan State, some stuff from Louisville and some from North Carolina."

Karlaftis visited both Indiana and Notre Dame during the season. Of Indiana, he said, "It was nice, they treated me well down there. It was great."
Additionally, he has spoken to the staff since Tom Allen became the head coach. "I've talked to Coach Kumtz who is the assistant D-line coach over there and it was great. He said there is more defensive stuff coming since Coach Allen is a defensive coach and that is obviously great for me."

Despite showing ability as a tight end also, Karlaftis says he is being recruited solely for defense. 

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1743738-army-combine-2019-de-george-karlaftis-update