Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PF Clifton Moore Jr. to IU

Not so much, but when I don't see much upside I tend to be quieter.

I am pretty quiet on Gak.
I am pretty quiet on Gelon.
I am pretty quiet on Devonte Green.

For me? Gak is like Moore without a jump shot or a too skinny Manley, or Perea's game on a high character kid.

I love Green. Agree with the rest. Green is a really good defensive guard.

What I read here from the posts. Stuhoo is all in forxanyone Crean and staff are recruiting. Fleek is iffy on most.

🏻.

I liked Juwan, OG (after research, but early), TB (raved about him from Huntington prep), I like Cujo (liked Bruce Brown better), Gelon????, Priller???, April???. I actually like devonte green ( I think he is under rated)(liked Bruce Brown better).

Durham-love his attitude, character, and potential(size). Worried about his shooting but IF he can fix that.......

Waters- a lot to love. Pretty much everything except his size which is a deterrent to me but a minor one.

Wilkes- a lot to like here too. Worried again about shooting. Like that we can assert some Indiana recruiting prowess if we get him.

Smith- I like him but like others more on the floor but he is a solid player.

Gak- I like his size but everything screams project here. I'm kinda with stuhoo here.

Manley-not sure here. He is big. Injury concerns. Back up plan type guy.

Moore Jr.- kind of intriguing based on his game. Could be a major matchup problem if we play him at the 3. We don't have the roster to afford that lineup.

Preston-looks like a beast. Reason he is a 5 star.

Tucker-going to be a good player but didn't shoot at the clip I was expecting this Summer.

Richards- I think he is overrated. A big long guy that will defend and block but will be a typical UK big that struggles on offense.

I liked Chaundee Brown, Trevon Duval, Bamba, Sexton, Brian Bowen, Jaren Jackson, Michael Porter, Brandon Randolph.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We can compete with those juggernauts. emoji1.pngemoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He would be excellent as a third big.  He wants to play a face up stretch 4 ala CWat.  If we could land another good to great big that would allow him to backup JMo at the four for a few years before he gains muscle to bang in the B1G.  Interesting prospect and if used/developed correctly could be a great player down the road.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we lose this recruitment there is going to be hell. 

There is going to be hell to pay...?  Huh?  You're stating a reaction to an action that we know nothing about.  Is IU going after him as their primary big?  Is IU telling him he'll ride the pine for a few years while others want him to play right away?  Is IU wanting him to play in the post?  There's so much to recruiting that it's ignorant to state what will happen, as a fan, if the program doesn't land a recruit.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

There is going to be hell to pay...?  Huh?  You're stating a reaction to an action that we know nothing about.  Is IU going after him as their primary big?  Is IU telling him he'll ride the pine for a few years while others want him to play right away?  Is IU wanting him to play in the post?  There's so much to recruiting that it's ignorant to state what will happen, as a fan, if the program doesn't land a recruit.

Oh come on man. If we lose a recruit to any of these schools you know as well as I do people on here are going to be livid 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We're gonna need someone that can push and shove down low in addition to this kid.

If that happens, count me in.

Agree, DD and another post player in addition to Moore.  However, he'll need to add muscle and be able to defend fours in college.  How many 6-10 guys in college don't play at least a little inside?

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh come on man. If we lose a recruit to any of these schools you know as well as I do people on here are going to be livid 

If we "lose" Moore because we land Bamba or Preston... Recruiting is so much more than "that team has tradition unlike the rest.  I'll go there."  I thought we would know this by now.  He's close to his family.  What happens if he wants to stay close to home and play for his hometown school?  There's going to be hell to pay because he wants to stay home?  That's just sophomoric thinking. 

I wouldn't be livid. Virtual unknown. Might be a gem. More likely not. Some that U lose u actually win.

If we do get him, I see the upside but will be very concerned. Will hope and pray Crean has a master plan. I honestly see a potential matchup problem here if he is ready for big time ball.

I think within a month Clifton is ours.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If we "lose" Moore because we land Bamba or Preston... Recruiting is so much more than "that team has tradition unlike the rest.  I'll go there."  I thought we would know this by now.  He's close to his family.  What happens if he wants to stay close to home and play for his hometown school?  There's going to be hell to pay because he wants to stay home?  That's just sophomoric thinking. 

Yeah because when we lose a recruit this board reacts logically all the time. 

Oh wait that never happens. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh geeze, I don't know. Not many freshmen, even highly ranked ones!

Seems like a ready-made spot for a 20 year old grad transfer, if you ask me.

See I think this is Where we find our back up big also. 

After the success of Z and Max I think there's a lot to say about bringing in veteran grads to fill spots on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah because when we lose a recruit this board reacts logically all the time. 

Oh wait that never happens. 

Having fans blow up about something they don't know and "having hell to pay" are different things to me.  If you meant some will question how we lost this recruit, I agree.  I don't think "the powers that be" will be giving the staff hell for not landing Moore.

Hot off the press from Alex McCarthy at 247:

Clifton Moore's recruitment is moving swiftly, as the 2017 wing picked up two Big Ten offers this weekend and announced his final six schools Sunday.

Following Indiana's offer Thursday and Northwestern's offer Friday, the 6-foot-10, 202-pound Moore has narrowed his recruitment to six schools: Indiana, Lafayette, Northwestern, Ole Miss, St. Joe's and Temple, per his AAU program Hoopdreamz.

Moore has an official visit scheduled to Ole Miss for this coming weekend, and told Inside Indiana this weekend that he will likely visit Indiana and Northwestern on the two following weekends. He's unsure of the order of those visits or exactly when he'll visit. His AAU coach, Jonathan Michels, said Moore is in no huge rush to commit, but will likely know his best fit and commit quickly.

“He wants to be done before the high school season," Michels said, "and with Clifton, he’s such a comfort-level guy. If he went to Ole Miss and was like, ‘This is it,’ he could commit. If he visited Indiana and went, ‘This is it,’ he could commit. I think for him, it’s just, ‘I have to feel like it’s the right place for me.’ It’s got to be a fit. He’s not necessarily concerned about it always being the biggest school in the world. It’s got to be a place where he’s going to fit there.”

Moore's recruitment has picked up significantly this summer, as he's posted big performances at the right times. He's excelled in matchups against top-tier teams and individuals, including a 20-point, 12-rebound performance against four-star Louisville commit Malik Williams. That game put him on Indiana's radar, in particular.

Moore's game caters much more to playing on the wing despite his size, and he can do a little bit of everything.

“They liked how I was versatile and I could defend a guard and defend a big man, step back on the three, and if I have a smaller guy (guarding me), I can take them to the post," Moore said. "They just like my versatility and how I can move. I’m very mobile, I have a good handle and a good sense of the game.”