Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PF Clifton Moore Jr. to IU

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I just don't see us getting an instant impact freshman big, and I think that Deng Gak gives me way too many Hanner-flashbacks; I prefer Moore to Gak.

My question is, will we have room for Moore and a 5th year wider-body? That'd be my preference.

Maybe he could be Hanner with the work ethic that seems to be more in place with this group. I could imagine that being special actually. Could be more in year two or three if he is that raw though. I haven't seen him play honestly, but the Hanner-flashbacks portion has me thinking what could have been. I have a feeling if a guy like Hanner comes in with this group it would be a very different outcome. Most of my feelings are gas related for what it's worth.

I think Moore has the size and fluidity to flourish under Crean personally, again year 2 more so. He is awfully skinny.

Hopefully Crean pulls a Bryant out of his pocket before this is all over with.

10 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

I just keep remembering all the big guys early on in Creans tenure. This makes ne cringe a little.

Depends who scouted this one. With Coach Martin on the staff, also providing his scouting talents, I'm pretty comfortable with the coaching staffs ability to find the right players.

Just remember also at most we are going to need this player as a back up for his first year. And if Davis is leave after his sophomore year that will be 4 bigs in 6 years leaving early sure we can get an impact player at that point. 

FWIW there was an article about his Ole Miss visit that said his next visit was Northwestern next weekend. But apparently we had planned to visit him. Possible we talked him into an OV I suppose. 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought I read in an article somewhere that this was the plan all along?? Ole Miss, IU, and NW in consecutive weekends.

Edit: and that he's not afraid to commit if he feels like it's the right fit

I either forgot or never knew. I forget.

But Stu brought it up yesterday

Per Alex McCarthy:

Jonathan Michels, Moore's AAU coach who confirmed Moore's IU visit, said the visit to Ole Miss went moderately well.

"He liked it," Michels said. "Didn't knock his socks off, but he did like it."

Moore left for Bloomington at 8 a.m., and should be on campus, Michels said. Earlier this month, Michels has said that Moore will likely be able to tell on his visit which school fits him best, and might make a decision without taking all of his officials. He is set to take an official to Northwestern next weekend as well.

"He wants to be done before the high school season," Michels said earlier this month, "and with Clifton, he’s such a comfort-level guy. If he went to Ole Miss and was like, ‘This is it,’ he could commit. If he visited Indiana and went, ‘This is it,’ he could commit. I think for him, it’s just, ‘I have to feel like it’s the right place for me.’ It’s got to be a fit. He’s not necessarily concerned about it always being the biggest school in the world. It’s got to be a place where he’s going to fit there."

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He ain't going to Ole Miss. No way, no how.

I could see him staying home for Temple, or even loving Chicago, Collins, and Northwestern. But Lafayette, St. Joes, or Ole Miss? No sir.

If I had a crystal ball, I'd guess...Hoosier.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

He ain't going to Ole Miss. No way, no how.

I could see him staying home for Temple, or even loving Chicago, Collins, and Northwestern. But Lafayette, St. Joes, or Ole Miss? No sir.

If I had a crystal ball, I'd guess...Hoosier.

I was posting that to show the visit was scheduled since Sunday. 

“They said they’re looking for a stretch four and they want a guy that’s versatile and that’s what they’re looking for right now,” Moore said of Ole Miss. “They said I’m not the only one and I can’t wait until next spring or anything. It’s a bit of a time crunch.

Interesting quote. Coaches trying to get their classes solidified.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners