Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) LB Cameron McGrone

According to Kyle Neddenriep, McGrone is set to make his decision in the next few days. Michigan is the crystal ball favorite but McGrone has also listed IU and Notre Dame as the the other two schools in the mix. From Kyle's article:

"Lawrence Central linebacker Cameron McGrone cut his list in June to six programs: Indiana, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Vanderbilt. He will officially cut his list to one in the next few days.

“Right now it is really between Notre Dame, Michigan and IU,” McGrone said Wednesday. “I’m hoping to (make a decision) soon so I can focus on my senior season.”

McGrone is ranked as the No. 14 outside linebacker in the country and No. 217 overall prospect nationally on the 247sports national composite. He is the No. 2 in-state prospect on the list, behind Cathedral offensive lineman Emil Ekiyor (Michigan recruit) and Cathedral running back Markese Stepp (Notre Dame recruit).

Landing an in-state recruit the caliber of McGrone would obviously be a major coup for first-year Indiana coach Tom Allen. But the competition, in this case, is fierce. McGrone will take an unofficial visit to Michigan this weekend, his third trip to Ann Arbor.

A decision will likely come after the visit.

“What the three schools have in common is how comfortable I feel there,” McGrone said. “I’ve been talking to Indiana for a year now. Notre Dame offered me a couple months ago and my parents and I have been talking to them. Even though Michigan just came on in past month, I felt like our relationship has grown a lot since then. I definitely like all of the coaching staffs.”

The 6-1, 210-pound McGrone tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in a game against Carmel in October of last season. In his injury-shorted six-game season, McGrone averaged nine tackles per game and made 15½ tackles for a loss with 4½ sacks.

Lawrence Central coach Bill Peebles said McGrone is “the most college-ready” player he has coached. When it comes to his college decision, McGrone said he has a good read on all of the schools that have recruited him.

“I’m going to trust my gut,” McGrone said. “I’m going to go where I feel like I will have the best opportunities in the next four years. The process has been great. I’ve been able to go a lot of places I wouldn’t have otherwise.”