Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PF Billy Preston to Kansas

34 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Has Enfield done anything of note since coming to USC? 9-9 in conference last year, 3-15 the year before, and 2-16 his first year.

Well, based on that, he's improved every year.

I also distinctly remember that he's been regularly beating the dogcrap out of UCLA in their head-to-head matchups.

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

Tommy watched today.

@AdamZagoria: Indiana coach Tom Crean was at Oak Hill today for 2017 F Billy Preston

Well guess we weren't just a convenient name to float. Him Wilkes and Waters and I think that will be more than enough to add to the class. 

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Kid is having a full on slob fest over KU on his Twitter. Didn't even mention Crean visiting and offering. I'd say he's KU's to lose.

Looked like he was retweeting stuff. Did Hoosier nation provide him stuff to retweet?

he did retweet some stuff about us being back in the game. 

ZagsBlog:

Billy Preston, the 6-foot-10 Class of 2017 forward from Oak Hill Academy (VA), has opted to open up his recruitment.

Presently, Indiana, Syracuse, Maryland, Kansas and USC are actively recruiting him, and he's slated to take any official visit to Kansas this weekend for "Late Night in the Phog."

"After talking with my family and starting my senior year at Oak Hill Academy, I have decided to open my recruitment up and explore what schools would best fit for me as a student-athlete," Preston said. "I am looking forward to taking official visits and have no time table for making my final decision."

Preston took unofficial visits to Maryland twice and plans to eventually take his official.

"Coach [Mark] Turgeon is a great coach, and he's definitely a player's coach," he said recently. "He told me since I'm a versatile player, I could play anywhere on the court that he sees is best for me."

A Los Angeles native, Preston said he's already familiar with USC's campus. He said he visits it frequently when he is home.

The senior has above average ball handing skills for his size and is a good rim protector.

"He's a great player," Marvin Bagley III , the No. 1 player in the Class of 2018, said of Preston this spring. "He does a lot of things well. He drives the ball. He scores the ball, rebounds extremely well, so it was a good experience to go up against guys like that."