Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PF Billy Preston to Kansas

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Preston. 

Literally such a wildcard at this point. My main source is a national guy, as most know, and no one has a clue if he's going to be eligible or not. Not too long ago the narrative was "I'd be surprised" but people see coaches getting invested. Speaks to Steve Smith's reputation, but idk, the reality of his academic situation is tricky. 

So it's going till spring. If UK has a spot and he's qualified, which they need a ton of bodies, I see that more likely when they push. USC can't be discounted either, but the kid has the talent to play anywhere. 

If anyone is expecting this HH commitment or shortly after (I have not been reading this thread, just saying)...prepare to be let down

The kid can play ball but my enthusiasm for him is waning the more I read about him.  Not convinced he truly fits the culture we expect at IU and will he be worth the effort.  Probably slobber all over himself trying to say yes the second after pUKe offered.

Sorta reminds me of JaQuan Lyle last year. We missed out on some top recruits, Lyle's situation opened up where it looked like it could be a mutually beneficial situation. He came to HH, had an awesome time and got the star treatment. It just didn't end up being a good fit for either side. Like Lyle, as supremely talented as Preston is, I'm not sure if he's a Crean type player.

Sorta reminds me of JaQuan Lyle last year. We missed out on some top recruits, Lyle's situation opened up where it looked like it could be a mutually beneficial situation. He came to HH, had an awesome time and got the star treatment. It just didn't end up being a good fit for either side. Like Lyle, as supremely talented as Preston is, I'm not sure if he's a Crean type player.

why not?

He's using an OV on us so clearly he's taking us seriously. We've had a lot of success and continue to have success with bigs and he would fill a huge hole for next year so hopefully he sees that and it makes a significant impact.

Let's not categorize the kid just yet. I trust that Crean wouldn't go after a kid that's not a fit with his system/program.

33 minutes ago, TheGies said:

Let's not categorize the kid just yet. I trust that Crean wouldn't go after a kid that's not a fit with his system/program.

Well, there have been a couple that didn't/don't fit but CTC has admittedly had his share of successes.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

BIL-LY PRES-TON
Clap clap, clap clap clap

BIL-LY PRES-TON

BIL-LY PRES-TON

At first I thought I had inadvertently strayed on to a Louisville board and then I saw it was a post from Aloha and not Rick Pitino!        LOL