Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) CG Jalen Blackmon

I know the family and other connections too. I know Kentucky is his Dream school. Will he be good enough for Kentucky is the real question.

And if not, which school becomes next best is where things get interesting.

This is not conjecture. I know this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
He better move up the rankings fast. Kentucky only seems to take guts ranked in the top 30. Isnt he like 90-100 range?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know the family and other connections too. I know Kentucky is his Dream school. Will he be good enough for Kentucky is the real question.

Thanks for the heads up. Kind of a relief. I have no patience for undersized, ball dominant, conscience free, shot hunting  pg’s. Pretty sure God put Markus Howard on this planet just to piss me off.

15 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I think he ends up better than Vijay not as good as JBJ.

We could’ve used some JBJ this year. Unfortunately I think people will forget how good he was. Jalen would be lucky to be considered that good. 

If he doesn't want to be a Hoosier above all then I say hard pass. Not what this program needs. Plenty of good players that'll want to be Hoosiers first and foremost.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

We could’ve used some JBJ this year. Unfortunately I think people will forget how good he was. Jalen would be lucky to be considered that good. 

I hated JBJs defense, but died on the hill arguing that we’d be in deep poo without his offense. Spoiler: I wasn’t wrong.

That said, there’s a zero percent chance JBJ nor Jalen have any success in an Archie Miller program with the zero defense philosophy of their father. Probably best for all that Jalen go elsewhere.

We need a different kind of player than him.  Indiana needs tough guys.  Competitors.  Kick your a$$ and tell you about it kids.  Shooters with no conscience.  Kids who'll guard, take away transition, and attack like hell on the offensive end.    We need culture guys.  Blackmon is not a culture guy.

I'd take 10 kids with the toughness and competitiveness of Carsen Edwards.

14 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

We need a different kind of player than him.  Indiana needs tough guys.  Competitors.  Kick your a$$ and tell you about it kids.  Shooters with no conscience.  Kids who'll guard, take away transition, and attack like hell on the offensive end.    We need culture guys.  Blackmon is not a culture guy.

We need a few from the Will Sheehey school of nasty.  Love him or hate him , but he was a competitor.

I like this..I loved the player Carsten was

No apparent evidence of any serious IU interest but I'll keep his thread going regardless.  With his first bucket tonight, Jalen moved into 9th place on Marion's career scoring list passing his brother Vijay.  According to 247 he has offers from Houston and Miami (OH).

Final score Mississinewa defeated Marion 80-78.   With .5 sec. remaining a Marion player committed a foul 50 feet from the basket and the Mississinewa player made both.  Marion trailed most of the game and made it close in the 4thQ but couldn't pull out the win.  Blackmon finished with 31 pts.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No apparent evidence of any serious IU interest but I'll keep his thread going regardless.  With his first bucket tonight, Jalen moved into 9th place on Marion's career scoring list passing his brother Vijay.  According to 247 he has offers from Houston and Miami (OH).

Final score Mississinewa defeated Marion 80-78.   With .5 sec. remaining a Marion player committed a foul 50 feet from the basket and the Mississinewa player made both.  Marion trailed most of the game and made it close in the 4thQ but couldn't pull out the win.  Blackmon finished with 31 pts.

They got beat by Mississinewa?? Wow, Marion either has a down year or Mississinewa has improved their program a lot.

Marion defeats Fort Wayne North Side 89-63.  Marion led 23-9 at the end of 1stQ and the game was essentially over as the lead just kept growing.  On my unofficial scorecard Blackmon finished with 27 pts. on 10-16 FG; 4-8 on 3s; 3-5 FT; 6 reb; 3 asst; 3 TO.  Despite his shooting I'm just not that impressed.  I don't think he puts forth that much effort unless it's to get his points.  

Marion defeats Fort Wayne North Side 89-63.  Marion led 23-9 at the end of 1stQ and the game was essentially over as the lead just kept growing.  On my unofficial scorecard Blackmon finished with 27 pts. on 10-16 FG; 4-8 on 3s; 3-5 FT; 6 reb; 3 asst; 3 TO.  Despite his shooting I'm just not that impressed.  I don't think he puts forth that much effort unless it's to get his points.  

Very curious where he ends up. Many close to them said he’d be the best Blackmon a few years ago. That talk has certainly lessened. He thought UK years ago. Clearly, that ain’t happening. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Thanks for keeping up with him even though he isn’t on our radar.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Very curious where he ends up. Many close to them said he’d be the best Blackmon a few years ago. That talk has certainly lessened. He thought UK years ago. Clearly, that ain’t happening. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Thanks for keeping up with him even though he isn’t on our radar.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Houston has offered him I believe