Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) CG Jalen Blackmon

Time for a thread. I'm seeing little Blackmon making some early noise. Ranked 18th in the nation for this class and top in-state. AAU teammates with 2021 PF Caleb Furst who is ranked 21st and #2 in-state.

Marion, IN 
6'1"/155
AAU: Indy Heat

Rivals

Stats

Video: Jalen Blackmon Is A "Bad Boy" Crazy RANGE And VISION!| C/o 2021

Video (old): Jalen Blackmon Best 2nd grader Brother of James and Vijay Blackmon

I think the parents are reasonable regarding Vijays recruitment. The Gordon's? Not as much maybe. 1 was a legit high major player the other wasn't.

I think this year will be big for the Blackmons and James. Hoping for a good year for all parties.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Is there any bad blood because of our lost interest in his brother?  Or was it mutual and amicable?

Vijay ended up playing NAIA. If there's bad blood there, those are some pretty blinded parents.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have watched Jalen play a couple times and it is safe to say this kid will be a program changer. With James Sr as his dad and coach I don't see him letting him let his game slip up. IMO once Jalen is done with HS he tries going to college with him. Could be package deal. I always go to Marion sporting events and there is chatter already of him leaving for an assistant job in college.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

STANDING OUT IN THE HOOSIER STATE (NYBL SESSION 2)

Jalen Blackmon (2021/ CG / Team Teague) wasted little time getting settled here in Indy, as he dropped a game high 35 points in their opening win over Butler Elite (WI). Blackmon made shooting the ball look easy as he was able to knock down 7 three’s in this contest. Blackmon has consistently been a top performer in the NYBL over the past few years, and our staff is excited to watch him continue to grow.

Random but it seems like every NBA player from Indianapolis is starting his own AAU program (Gary Harris, Jeff Teague, Eric Gordon, George Hill) and that's diluting the quality of Indiana based teams. Feel like it used to be just Indiana Elite on the Adidas circuit and Spiece Indy Heat on the EYBL circuit and they were both super competitive with tons of talent each year. 

Random but it seems like every NBA player from Indianapolis is starting his own AAU program (Gary Harris, Jeff Teague, Eric Gordon, George Hill) and that's diluting the quality of Indiana based teams. Feel like it used to be just Indiana Elite on the Adidas circuit and Spiece Indy Heat on the EYBL circuit and they were both super competitive with tons of talent each year. 

I was more of a fan of the Bloomington Red pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

For the forseeable future, Jalen is a favorite to be a Hoosier. Very good ties to the Blackmon family and I promise he is looking better than JBJ did at this age though he was very impressive. For my understanding UK is the ONLY threat to us. Sr was skeptical with Crean, but loved the loyalty the program has. With Archie, he will have to keep on him to get him but they were impressed with him and had JBJ very close to coming back when after the season it was 110% sure he was gone.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app