Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hoosier Hysteria Visitors - 10/22/16

DeRon seems to have a center's game, especially on the defensive end. 

My hope is that we have an inside presence, especially defensively. Not that we're there, but a roster that had DeRon, Juwan, and Preston, with a long-armed, 6'10" CMoore in reserve, would certainly fit that definition defensively.

DeRon seems to have a center's game, especially on the defensive end. 

My hope is that we have an inside presence, especially defensively. Not that we're there, but a roster that had DeRon, Juwan, and Preston, with a long-armed, 6'10" CMoore in reserve, would certainly fit that definition defensively.

Agreed. I suppose I just get a little nervous because I think about the year HMP played the 5.

Really? De'Ron Davis and Billy Preston can both hold their own against most bigs IU would face. The game is continuing to change. Having those two on the roster would cause fits for opponents.

Davis will be strong enough to hold his own on the defensive end while stretching the floor on offense.

Preston would be okay in defense and has a good handle for his size. Could you imagine someone like Haas trying to guard either!?

That's with a junior JMo at the 4. Moore a backup.

Wilkes at the 3 and McSwain backing him up.

That's two straight years with good to great front courts. A senior laden backcourt could score and find those players in good position.

Really? De'Ron Davis and Billy Preston can both hold their own against most bigs IU would face. The game is continuing to change. Having those two on the roster would cause fits for opponents.

Davis will be strong enough to hold his own on the defensive end while stretching the floor on offense.

Preston would be okay in defense and has a good handle for his size. Could you imagine someone like Haas trying to guard either!?

That's with a junior JMo at the 4. Moore a backup.

Wilkes at the 3 and McSwain backing him up.

That's two straight years with good to great front courts. A senior laden backcourt could score and find those players in good position.

Certainly see what you're saying.

Call me traditional. I know a lot of NBA teams play small-ball now but college basketball certainly still has a place for true centers. I like seeing one 5 on the court instead of two 4's.

7 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Is Preston legit? Eligibility questions are out there.

You can't take OVs unless you're academically qualified, right? So that would indicate things are okay academically.

11 minutes ago, lillurk said:

You can't take OVs unless you're academically qualified, right? So that would indicate things are okay academically.

Pretty sure to take an OV a player just has to have achieved a qualifying score on his SAT/ACT. Transcript isn't part of it.

Certainly see what you're saying.

Call me traditional. I know a lot of NBA teams play small-ball now but college basketball certainly still has a place for true centers. I like seeing one 5 on the court instead of two 4's.

There's definitely a place for true centers but it's continuing to move away from that. Wiscy has been using a 5 that can spread the floor for awhile. MSU used Payne out on the perimeter. As long as our 4s are of the 6-10, long, and strong enough to hold their ground I'm not too worried.

If Moore is as good as Crean is claiming also just think about being able to put 3 guys 6' 10 on the court together. 

6-10, 6-10, 6-8 all who can shoot from deep, get to the rim, and defend is something we haven't seen at IU under Crean. Add two 6-4ish guards and that's great size.

Gonna be in the area and thinking about taking the kids to HH. Never been myself. Long lines? How early do I need to get there? How long does it last? ect.

Lines shouldn't be terrible. About an hour in advance should get good seats. Great time for the kids. It lasts about two hours-ish if I remember correct.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app