Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hoosier Hysteria Visitors - 10/22/16

Can we get a summary 

Indiana hosting Hoosier Hysteria

Even though five-star power forward Billy Preston will be Indiana's lone 2017 prospect on campus this weekend, the Hoosiers have a long list of underclassmen headed to campus for Hoosier Hysteria.
Indiana's planned visitor list includes talented 2018s Robert Phinisee, Musa Jallow and Darius Garland, Sydney Curry.
The Hoosiers will also have several 2019 and 2020 prospects, including Cobie Barnes, Kyle Rhode, Michael Moreno, Javin Etzler, Ethan Watts, Joseph Yesufu, Logan Carter, Sam DeVault, Alex Hemenway, Matt Dover, Mabor Majak and Tayson Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 9/10/2016 at 5:06 PM, ccgeneral said:

Date set. I'll update this first post like we've done in the past. Doors open @ 5 pm ET and Seth Greenberg hosting.

Commits
2017 SF Justin Smith

Recruits **(offer)
2017 PF Billy Preston - Mouth of Wilson, VA (Oak Hill Academy)**

2018 PG Darius Garland - Brentwood, TN (Brentwood Academy)**?
2018 PG Dylan Penn - Evansville, IN (Memorial)
2018 PG Robert Phinisee - Lafayette, IN (McCutcheon)**
2018 SG Jamal Harris - Indianapolis, IN (Crispus Attucks)
2018 SG Steven Fitzgerald - Somerset, KY (Southwestern)
2018 SF Musa Jallow - Bloomington, IN (North)**
2018 C Moses Brown - Brooklyn, NY (Archbishop Molloy)

2019 PG Ethan Watts - Culver, IN (Culver Academy)
2019 PG Joseph Yesufu - Bolingbrook, IL (Bolingbrook)
2019 SG Alex Hemenway - Newburgh, IN (Castle)
2019 SG Kyle Rode - Lexington, KY (Lexington Christian)
2019 SF Cobie Barnes - Floyd Knobs, IN (Floyd Central)
2019 SF Javin Etzler - Convoy, OH (Crestview)
2019 SF Michael Moreno - Georgetown, KY (Scott County)
2019 F Sam DeVault - Evansville, IN (Reitz)
2019 SF Tayson Parker - Cordova, TN (Memphis Metro Homeschool)
2019 PF Sydney Curry - Fort Wayne, IN (Bishop Luers)
2019 C Logan Carter - Evansville, IN (Mater Dei)
2019 C Matt Dove - Princeton, IN (Princeton)

2020 G Cade Graham (Pat's son) - Evansville, IN (Memorial)
2020 C Mabor Majak - Fishers, IN (HSE) 

2018 SG Jamal Harris added.

‏@CHawk11: Crispus Attucks 2018 G Jamal Harris will visit Indiana for Hoosier Hysteria tomorrow. @Attucks_Sports

On 9/10/2016 at 5:06 PM, ccgeneral said:

Date set. I'll update this first post like we've done in the past. Doors open @ 5 pm ET and Seth Greenberg hosting.

Commits
2017 SF Justin Smith

Recruits **(offer)
2017 PF Billy Preston - Mouth of Wilson, VA (Oak Hill Academy)**

2018 PG Darius Garland - Brentwood, TN (Brentwood Academy)**?
2018 PG Dylan Penn - Evansville, IN (Memorial)
2018 PG Robert Phinisee - Lafayette, IN (McCutcheon)**
2018 SG Jamal Harris - Indianapolis, IN (Crispus Attucks)
2018 SG Steven Fitzgerald - Somerset, KY (Southwestern)
2018 SF Musa Jallow - Bloomington, IN (North)**
2018 C Moses Brown - Brooklyn, NY (Archbishop Molloy)

2019 PG Ethan Watts - Culver, IN (Culver Academy)
2019 PG Joseph Yesufu - Bolingbrook, IL (Bolingbrook)
2019 SG Alex Hemenway - Newburgh, IN (Castle)
2019 SG Kyle Rode - Lexington, KY (Lexington Christian)
2019 SF Cobie Barnes - Floyd Knobs, IN (Floyd Central)
2019 SF Javin Etzler - Convoy, OH (Crestview)
2019 SF Michael Moreno - Georgetown, KY (Scott County)
2019 F Sam DeVault - Evansville, IN (Reitz)
2019 SF Tayson Parker - Cordova, TN (Memphis Metro Homeschool)
2019 PF Sydney Curry - Fort Wayne, IN (Bishop Luers)
2019 C Logan Carter - Evansville, IN (Mater Dei)
2019 C Matt Dove - Princeton, IN (Princeton)

2020 G Cade Graham (Pat's son) - Evansville, IN (Memorial)
2020 C Mabor Majak - Fishers, IN (HSE)

LOVE the number of local kids on this list.  Crean starts to own Indiana, he'll never have to worry about recruiting again.  He'll get who he needs nationally, too.   Close the border and go outside to get who you want/need.   

LOVE the number of local kids on this list.  Crean starts to own Indiana, he'll never have to worry about recruiting again.  He'll get who he needs nationally, too.   Close the border and go outside to get who you want/need.   

We start off in good shape with these kids and don't finish with many. Always hoped it was more character concerns where we back off and not a ton of misses.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We start off in good shape with these kids and don't finish with many. Always hoped it was more character concerns where we back off and not a ton of misses.

There are some (Swanigan for example) who have made choices based on stupid things like what shoe company the school has a contract with.   There are a lot of kids and coaches who didn't like Crean early, and that was detrimental to him.  I think he's gotten better.  Facilities have also improved dramatically, so his job should be easier.  No excuse to lose the best local kids at this point.  We literally have no in state competition except Butler if everything else is equal.  Purdue will always be our step child, and Notre Dame just isn't on our level nationally in basketball.    They're good, and I like their program, but no matter how good we get in football, we'll never be on their level nationally.  Same thing here.  (And I mean nationally as a brand...we're talking local kids.  I get it)    Crean has missed a lot of kids.  He missed on Trevon Blueitt.  A couple of examples....He never really made an effort with Gary Harris.     His offense is so good when he has kids who can run the floor and shoot.  Indiana is loaded with that kind of kid.   All he needs to do is start locking those kids up, and he'll get whoever he needs from other places.   Wilkes and Phinisee are the top 2 guys I want right now.  Maybe Langford, but I don't think he's coming here.  We get those two guys?  We'll get others, too.   I have always been a fan of sticking with Indiana kids along with Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan.  I think you can build consistently great teams staying close to home, and going out and securing the occasional Thomas Bryant, etc.   To me, one thing that's hurt Crean is a bit of a shotgun approach to recruiting.

There are some (Swanigan for example) who have made choices based on stupid things like what shoe company the school has a contract with.   There are a lot of kids and coaches who didn't like Crean early, and that was detrimental to him.  I think he's gotten better.  Facilities have also improved dramatically, so his job should be easier.  No excuse to lose the best local kids at this point.  We literally have no in state competition except Butler if everything else is equal.  Purdue will always be our step child, and Notre Dame just isn't on our level nationally in basketball.    They're good, and I like their program, but no matter how good we get in football, we'll never be on their level nationally.  Same thing here.  (And I mean nationally as a brand...we're talking local kids.  I get it)    Crean has missed a lot of kids.  He missed on Trevon Blueitt.  A couple of examples....He never really made an effort with Gary Harris.     His offense is so good when he has kids who can run the floor and shoot.  Indiana is loaded with that kind of kid.   All he needs to do is start locking those kids up, and he'll get whoever he needs from other places.   Wilkes and Phinisee are the top 2 guys I want right now.  Maybe Langford, but I don't think he's coming here.  We get those two guys?  We'll get others, too.   I have always been a fan of sticking with Indiana kids along with Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan.  I think you can build consistently great teams staying close to home, and going out and securing the occasional Thomas Bryant, etc.   To me, one thing that's hurt Crean is a bit of a shotgun approach to recruiting.

I'm with you on Wilkes and Phinesee.