Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

The Juice has died. 

Until he killed those two people -- there weren't many that didn't love the dude. He was well-spoken, smart and a multi-faceted, once-in-a-generation talent. But you have to add murderer to that list. 

What a crazy life. Had the world in the palm of his hand, and threw it all away. 

He was my dad's favorite player. 

An estimated 100 million people worldwide watched or listened to the verdict's announcement. Long-distance telephone call volume declined by 58 percent, and trading volume on the New York Stock Exchange decreased by 41 percent. Water usage decreased as people avoided using bathrooms. So much work stopped that the verdict cost an estimated $480 million in lost productivity.

Here's the one part of that trial I find the most interesting. I thought that the American Crime Story on this was okay but not great but the ESPN documentary is the best one of the bunch. 

I was a sophomore at IU when it was announced that there would be a verdict in the trial.  Ironically they announced the time would be during a Criminal Justice class.  We all went to the class and begged the professor to let us go home to watch it.  We insisted that this was criminal justice history so he had to let us go home!  He reluctantly agreed.

At the time there were no tvs in the classrooms and no computers/cell phones.  Going home to watch on TV was the only way to see.

Watching the not guilty verdict come back while being a criminal justice major impacted my life.  At that moment I knew I didn't want any part of that field for my life.

Rot in hell OJ

ESPN takes a deep dive into why Bill Belichick is unemployed this offseason. 

After interviewing with the Falcons, who showed the most interest, their hiring people compared notes -- he wasn't in their top 3. Arthur Blank wasn't necessarily looking for warm and fuzzy -- but he definitely didn't want cold and distant, and that's Belichick. 

Pretty interesting reading. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39955777/how-patriots-legend-bill-belichick-end-nfl-job