Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Great. Luck retired two weeks before the season started and two division rivals will play for the AFC Championship. Ridiculous. Irsay is a clown. Colts need to upgrade massively in the offseason.

Not clear on the scoring system: Does the Chiefs now beating the hell out of the Texans make Irsay more of a clown or less of a clown?

3 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Great. Luck retired two weeks before the season started and two division rivals will play for the AFC Championship. Ridiculous. Irsay is a clown. Colts need to upgrade massively in the offseason.

One of the youngest teams in the league,  and the most money to spend. Needing a massive upgrade is a bit of stretch. 

10 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Chiefs break through and make the Super Bowl. Would’ve been two straight appearances if Dee Ford doesn’t line up offsides against the Pats.

Bigger should’ve been champion - 2019 Chiefs or 1975 Hoosiers?

1975 Hoosiers

Curious why the NFL calls it legal tampering? Tampering suggest something wrong. Why not just call it open contact period or something

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Colts just signed Phillip Rivers to a one-year deal worth $25 mil. Colts are definitely spending money this offseason. As a lifelong Colts fan, I have never been a fan of Rivers and mostly couldn’t stand him and his attitude. That being said, this certainly provides a little excitement in the area and IMO is definitely an upgrade over Jacoby and gives the Colts a chance to compete next year. Obviously this looks to be a bridge for their future QB and I love the move.

Colts just signed Phillip Rivers to a one-year deal worth $25 mil. Colts are definitely spending money this offseason. As a lifelong Colts fan, I have never been a fan of Rivers and mostly couldn’t stand him and his attitude. That being said, this certainly provides a little excitement in the area and IMO is definitely an upgrade over Jacoby and gives the Colts a chance to compete next year. Obviously this looks to be a bridge for their future QB and I love the move.

I think Rivers used to be a nice talent. I’m not convinced he is anymore. Hoyer was a waste of money. This is kinda a waste of money. Brees got 50 mil for 2 years and he is WAY better than Rivers. Wish we could have snagged Brees.

I don’t think Jacoby has it either. Both are middling QBs in my mind. I guess I’d rather see someone new try but I expect very similar results.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Rivers used to be a nice talent. I’m not convinced he is anymore. Hoyer was a waste of money. This is kinda a waste of money. Brees got 50 mil for 2 years and he is WAY better than Rivers. Wish we could have snagged Brees.  

I don’t think Jacoby has it either. Both are middling QBs in my mind. I guess I’d rather see someone new try but I expect very similar results.

Could be right but time will tell. Rivers has always played with one of the worst offensive lines in the league and has been forced into making some questionable throws which lead to a high number of INTs. Jacoby had the opposite problem and was indecisive and resulted in him having to utilize his legs a lot and the receivers to create space on their own leading to a lot of broken plays. The people around the Chargers organization have said that he still has the strength and accuracy and the only issue was due to his lack of time in the pocket. Will be interesting to see him behind one of the best lines in the league. I still believe the Colts need to go out and get one really solid WR to bolster their receiving core for him.

https://es.pn/2woKd7I

The Rivers breakdown makes sense and gives me more positivity than I had. Overall it’s a nice get when you consider the pedigree and leadership you’re getting for a rental (albeit an expensive one).

EDIT: Even though I copied the link, it directs you to the wrong article. So just ignore me, ha.

https://es.pn/2woKd7I

The Rivers breakdown makes sense and gives me more positivity than I had. Overall it’s a nice get when you consider the pedigree and leadership you’re getting for a rental (albeit an expensive one).

EDIT: Even though I copied the link, it directs you to the wrong article. So just ignore me, ha.

I think I got to the article eventually. If the same one, I agree they made the case that Rivers’ 2019 stats, while down from prior years, had some contributing factors. Many picks came in the last 5 mins when his team was trailing. He got to risky trying to make something happen. He also had a much better passer rating on the road vs at home as the hometown fans cheered against the Chargers after they announce they were leaving.