Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

I didn't say any of those things.  Who are you debating?  A made up character in your head?  This is so weird.  No wonder people are getting so frustrated with you in all these threads.

Your whining and crying demanding the team start looking for a replacement that doesn’t exist. 

You assume that NFL teams wait for a need because you have no knowledge of how these things work yet think you are an expert. 

NFL quality kickers are signed from the CFL before the season typically. And if by some miracle there was a better kicker waiting in the wings the Patriots would have signed him. 

Instead they signed Nick Folks a guy that hasn’t played since 2017. Playing 4 games going 6 of 11 and missing 2 of 9 XP’s

So whoever is left is worse so yeah no thank you. 

Is vinny cutting it no. Is there anybody better out there. No. So quit crying and accept that this isn’t a quick fix. The Colts new kicker is likely in college right now. 

Personal insults to somebody with a different opinion...bravo!  Your intelligence level keeps showing.

I think I'm an expert?  I'm the one saying we need to do research.  You're the one who refuses to allow research.  Which one of those sounds like he thinks he's an expert?

You're becoming insufferable. 

I didn't say any of those things.  Who are you debating?  A made up character in your head?  This is so weird.  No wonder people are getting so frustrated with you in all these threads.

Trust me, don’t bother. This obnoxious and condescending tone he takes with anyone who disagrees with him is standard operating procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Still nobody better. And are people trying to blame a missed XP for losing by 4

Lol there are plenty of better options. Would have been able to tie it if it weren’t for him missing his league leading 6th extra point. 

This ones on Hoyer, Vinny, Ebron, weak WR group, underperforming OL.

If vinny hits XP, easy tie game at end, assuming he can hit short FG.

Pssttt..... He can’t.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh, least I forget. Terrible play calling by Reich letting Hoyer throw 3 deep passes with timeouts to spare. Freaking ridiculous, was he not watching Hoyer all game?

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This ones on Hoyer, Vinny, Ebron, weak WR group, underperforming OL.

If vinny hits XP, easy tie game at end, assuming he can hit short FG.

Pssttt..... He can’t.

People remember that group of Colts fans that talked up Cain all the time because of training camp. And now our receiving Corp is pretty much the same spot now as last year. 

So do people want Brisset to be our long term answer at QB? I say no. He is fine for now, he’ll have some big games, but usually follows it up with a bad game. 

With the right team around him he could get hot enough and go deep when it matters most. But I want something better

So do people want Brisset to be our long term answer at QB? I say no. He is fine for now, he’ll have some big games, but usually follows it up with a bad game. 

With the right team around him he could get hot enough and go deep when it matters most. But I want something better

That’s kinda how I feel. I like Mack pretty well and OL. Defense is better. Dont love QB and especially worried about wideouts.

Brissett has starter potential for sure. He isn’t bad. In some ways I like him, but that ceiling isn’t high. Can win with a stellar team around him but not a Pro Bowl caliber QB. Maybe we should be content, idk.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I like him, but I don't know if he's long term.  Hoyer the destroyer is hot and cold, easily expendable.  I say we draft a rookie qb and let him learn from Jacoby until he loses the job?

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Still nobody better. And are people trying to blame a missed XP for losing by 4

At this point, all we need is someone who can make XPs. That miss is one of many reasons that we lost that game. Going down the field needing a TD instead of a game tying FG.

32 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

At this point, all we need is someone who can make XPs. That miss is one of many reasons that we lost that game. Going down the field needing a TD instead of a game tying FG.

Or if the QB hadn’t thrown a pick with 5 minutes left they would have only been up 1

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Or if the QB hadn’t thrown a pick with 5 minutes left they would have only been up 1

You’re right. But Hoyer is playing because of mitigating circumstances. He isn’t Reich’s best option. He’s his insurance policy. Vinatieri is their chosen guy. His job is to make kicks. Extra points should be a given. He’s missed 6 of them. He’s missed, I believe, 5 fg attempts under 45 yds. He is not doing his job. He has absolutely contributed to 3 losses. Kickers don’t get to do that, even HOF’ers. It is time to move on.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

You’re right. But Hoyer is playing because of mitigating circumstances. He isn’t Reich’s best option. He’s his insurance policy. Vinatieri is their chosen guy. His job is to make kicks. Extra points should be a given. He’s missed 6 of them. He’s missed, I believe, 5 fg attempts under 45 yds. He is not doing his job. He has absolutely contributed to 3 losses. Kickers don’t get to do that, even HOF’ers. It is time to move on.

Agreed but i still have to see the name of somebody better not already playing the NFL. 

Colts are in a bad spot at kicker no doubt. But there next kicker is currently playing on Saturday more than likely. 

Im still really curious why Vinny seems to be struggling with short kicks so badly. Is he having trouble kicking them at the angle you have to in order to avoid the blockers?