Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol you guys act like there’s surefire 60 yard kickers lining up outside the stadium. 

No, but there may be surefire 42yd kickers out there! Look, the dude for whatever reason is missing kicks. Flat out cost is the Chargers game. Say want you want, he gets paid to make kicks. His only job. Yeah he has won us a couple with late game heroics this season but we wouldn't have been in those positions if he would have made kicks earlier in those games. Not comfortable with him here on out especially if we make the playoffs. May be time to look elsewhere. Besides to your point, he doesn't have 60 in his boots either!

14 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

No, but there may be surefire 42yd kickers out there! Look, the dude for whatever reason is missing kicks. Flat out cost is the Chargers game. Say want you want, he gets paid to make kicks. His only job. Yeah he has won us a couple with late game heroics this season but we wouldn't have been in those positions if he would have made kicks earlier in those games. Not comfortable with him here on out especially if we make the playoffs. May be time to look elsewhere. Besides to your point, he doesn't have 60 in his boots either!

There’s nobody definitely better though. 

We have a below average kicker for the first time in decades. While unfortunate it’s not an easy fix

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s nobody definitely better though. 

We have a below average kicker for the first time in decades. While unfortunate it’s not an easy fix

Agreed. Need to sign a kicker in the offseason and Vinny retire but right now anyone off the street would be worse. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

You guys think there are only 32 good kickers on this planet??  That's a defeatist attitude.  Check the CFL.  Check the XFL.  Begin working them out now.

Draft that kid from IU...

1 hour ago, Josh said:

You guys think there are only 32 good kickers on this planet??  That's a defeatist attitude.  Check the CFL.  Check the XFL.  Begin working them out now.

No it’s a realistic one.  Can you give one name of a guy they could sign that is for certain going to not be a downgrade?  

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

No it’s a realistic one.  Can you give one name of a guy they could sign that is for certain going to not be a downgrade?  

No, because I don't follow the CFL or XFL closely enough to know if there's a kicker ready for the jump.  Do you follow it closely enough to say for certain that there isn't? 

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to start searching

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

No, because I don't follow the CFL or XFL closely enough to know if there's a kicker ready for the jump.  Do you follow it closely enough to say for certain that there isn't? 

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to start searching

Same reason I don’t look for el dorado or the fountain of youth. I know I won’t find what I’m looking for. 

The longest kick in the entire CFL this season was 57 yards by a guy hitting 78% of his kicks. The most accurate guy hit roughly 91 percent but 52 yards was his ceiling. 

And literally nobody was perfect on XPs 

Coiuld these guys be better?  Maybe  could these guys be worse  also maybe  

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Same reason I don’t look for el dorado or the fountain of youth. I know I won’t find what I’m looking for. 

The longest kick in the entire CFL this season was 57 yards by a guy hitting 78% of his kicks. The most accurate guy hit roughly 91 percent but 52 yards was his ceiling. 

And literally nobody was perfect on XPs 

Coiuld these guys be better?  Maybe  could these guys be worse  also maybe  

You don't know who's out there, but you convinced yourself (without searching) that there's nothing better.  Ok.......

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

You don't know who's out there, but you convinced yourself (without searching) that there's nothing better.  Ok.......

Did you miss the part where I looked. Lol 

you didn’t even look and are convinced theirs a line of better kickers waiting. 

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did you miss the part where I looked. Lol 

you didn’t even look and are convinced theirs a line of better kickers waiting. 

You only looked because I prodded you.  I'm convinced there's a line of kickers waiting???  Man you're all over the place.  I never said that.  Yeesh.

5 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

The Colts brought 6 kickers in about 6 weeks ago, they chose to stay with Vinny. I would like him replaced as much as anyone...but it must be someone better

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/colts-worked-out-six-kickers-tuesday/amp/

Time to test more.  Vinny's broken.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

You only looked because I prodded you.  I'm convinced there's a line of kickers waiting???  Man you're all over the place.  I never said that.  Yeesh.

Yeah I looked to prove you wrong true. But I did prove you wrong. If there was anybody better than Vinny he’d be on an NFL roster. The only better kickers than Vinny outside of the NFL are in college. 

So stop being a toddler not getting their way and understand you have to wait 

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah I looked to prove you wrong true. But I did prove you wrong. If there was anybody better than Vinny he’d be on an NFL roster. The only better kickers than Vinny outside of the NFL are in college. 

So stop being a toddler not getting their way and understand you have to wait 

You're an amazing debater.  

First, don't look for stats unless you have to.  In your case, the stats show me two players that are better than Vinny.

Second, name call the other side.  In my experiences, the name caller is never the intelligent one.  

Third, distract.  

Bravo.  

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

You're an amazing debater.  

First, don't look for stats unless you have to.  In your case, the stats show me two players that are better than Vinny.

Second, name call the other side.  In my experiences, the name caller is never the intelligent one.  

Third, distract.  

Bravo.  

Unlike you who says nothing just cries about not getting what they want. 

I suppose you need proof that theirs not a monster in your closet every single rather than rationally understanding they aren’t real 

much like these wondrous 60 yard kicks on demand kickers that you think are a fine a dozen 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Unlike you who says nothing just cries about not getting what they want. 

I suppose you need proof that theirs not a monster in your closet every single rather than rationally understanding they aren’t real 

much like these wondrous 60 yard kicks on demand kickers that you think are a fine a dozen 

I didn't say any of those things.  Who are you debating?  A made up character in your head?  This is so weird.  No wonder people are getting so frustrated with you in all these threads.