Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

A lot of people speculating that Colts will try to trade for Nate Sudfield...Reich coached him and he knows his system already. Wouldn’t be ready to play until mid to late September however. Could revitalize the organization similar to what fellow Hoosier Oladipo did for the Pacers...I’d like to think this anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The timing is terrible.

So far Ballard has hit right on the money with every draft pick almost. Now, next year he has to hit the biggest of all in what will make or break his tenure with the next franchise QB. The worst thing would be for Brissett to overachieve this season and Colts signing him long term. Take your medicine this year and then let Ballard try to work his magic in the draft next year as he has so far with other picks.

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The timing is terrible.

So far Ballard has hit right on the money with every draft pick almost. Now, next year he has to hit the biggest of all in what will make or break his tenure with the next franchise QB. The worst thing would be for Brissett to overachieve this season and Colts signing him long term. Take your medicine this year and then let Ballard try to work his magic in the draft next year as he has so far with other picks.

That or get lucky and there’s a QB like Brees next year that needs a change of scenery

I mean like when Brees went to New Orleans

That or get lucky and there’s a QB like Brees next year that needs a change of scenery
I mean like when Brees went to New Orleans

The one QB I can see get pushed out by a rebuilding team is Carr. If they get a top 3 pick I can’t see them not going in that direction. Curious to see what the Giants are going to do if they land in that range. Dolphins are definitely tanking for a QB. Cardinals will probably trade out if it’s available. Will be a very interesting draft if the QBs stay on their trajectory. But the Colts have some extra picks don’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

A lot of people speculating that Colts will try to trade for Nate Sudfield...Reich coached him and he knows his system already. Wouldn’t be ready to play until mid to late September however. Could revitalize the organization similar to what fellow Hoosier Oladipo did for the Pacers...I’d like to think this anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

To do what? Be on the practice squad? Nate sucks, comparing him to Vic is dumb. 

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Comparing Nate to Oladipo is dumb.....but saying Sudfeld sucks is just as.

Not really. Dude is an average back up in the NFL. That the OP actually proposed him coming in and being able to contribute anywhere near the impact that Vic had with the Pacers is hilarious

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

It seems the "players who played at IU are better than those who played anywhere else" has bled over to football.   I'm smiling.  Nate Sudfeld.  

Reading comprehension is a skill.  A guy 'not sucking' does not mean 'players who played at IU are better than those who played anywhere else'.  Get over yourself.

12 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Reading comprehension is a skill.  A guy 'not sucking' does not mean 'players who played at IU are better than those who played anywhere else'.  Get over yourself.

And in this cage, we have "here to pick a fight guy."  Otherwise known as "internet tough guy."   Dude, you're a rube.  You have been in every thread where I've seen your name, and I have no interest in explaining why I said what I did.  I promise it's not as simple as you wish it was and I never said Sudfeld sucked or didn't suck.  You didn't comprehend what I said or meant at all.   Stay in your lane.  Your very slow lane.  And turn off your blinker.

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Not really. Dude is an average back up in the NFL. That the OP actually proposed him coming in and being able to contribute anywhere near the impact that Vic had with the Pacers is hilarious

While the suggestion that Sudfeld would have have a Oladipo like impact is hilarious, an average back up QB who has worked with Frank Reich has value.  The price tag is likely low and if it isn't, you don't make the trade.  The Colts are in a situation where everyone in their QB depth chart just moved up a spot.  And the fact that he is injured right now means he's in a sell low state.

Backing up Brissett is a Phillip Walker, 5'11" undrafted QB from Temple who completed over 60% of his passes in only one game in his college career and Chad Kelly, a guy who hasn't taken a snap in his three year career and can't even suit up for the first two weeks because of season because of conduct violations.  It's not really a question of whether or not Sudfeld is better than the alternative backups they have. 

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

And in this cage, we have "here to pick a fight guy."  Otherwise known as "internet tough guy."   Dude, you're a rube.  You have been in every thread where I've seen your name, and I have no interest in explaining why I said what I did.  I promise it's not as simple as you wish it was and I never said Sudfeld sucked or didn't suck.  You didn't comprehend what I said or meant at all.   Stay in your lane.  Your very slow lane.  And turn off your blinker.

Old Friend talking about 'here to pick a fight guy'......irony sure is ironic.   

BTW, 'you have been in every thread where I've seen your name' may be the most meaningless statement every made on a message board.  You are correct;  every thread I've been in I've been in.

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Old Friend talking about 'here to pick a fight guy'......irony sure is ironic.   

BTW, 'you have been in every thread where I've seen your name' may be the most meaningless statement every made on a message board.  You are correct;  every thread I've been in I've been in.

Last word.  Until YOU have to have it.   Sleep tight