Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

The only one I'm upset about is Amos. Collins is a safety better in run protection than coverage in a league where the pass is dominant. Dude got overpaid. Mosley is fine, but not a huge need, neither is Bell. Still need a pass rusher and safety 

Colts picking up Devin Funchess.  I like this pick-up.  Not the most productive player but he's one of those prototypical big WRs.  I've talked to others before that the Colts need one of those big, jump ball type of receivers, and I think he'll be able to draw the defensive attention away from TY Hilton. 

Odell Beckham's getting traded to the Browns, haha

Have been more interested in the business side of the NFL than ever lately. Started reading a lot about Ballard playing the game on compensatory picks. It’s not the only approach and can be maddening as a fan, but look at the difference in how he operates versus the Browns. They gave up #17, a 3rd rounder, and Peppers. That’s a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have been more interested in the business side of the NFL than ever lately. Started reading a lot about Ballard playing the game on compensatory picks. It’s not the only approach and can be maddening as a fan, but look at the difference in how he operates versus the Browns. They gave up #17, a 3rd rounder, and Peppers. That’s a ton.

And the Steelers only got a 3rd and 5th round pick for AB.

They must be HOT.

And the Steelers only got a 3rd and 5th round pick for AB.

They must be HOT.

To be fair OBJ is 26 with 4 years left on his deal. The Steelers had no leverage and couldn’t simply trade him. If they could have he would have been a Bill. I think Mayock did a fantastic job but there is a difference.

Are the Colts looking at anybody at all besides the guy they got out of Carolina and Collins being too expensive. They had around 100 mil. I’m cap space this year???

Are the Colts looking at anybody at all besides the guy they got out of Carolina and Collins being too expensive. They had around 100 mil. I’m cap space this year???

Sounds like we looked at several but once the market value for those players rose above our threshold we backed off. Like last year I expect to see us pick up some more guys we never heard of but who contribute more than we expected.

I get being smart with $ but we also need some more playmakers on both sides of the ball. Ballard seems convinced he can find more playmakers in the draft vs overpaying in free agency.

If he drafts like last year he just may be right.

22 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Sounds like we looked at several but once the market value for those players rose above our threshold we backed off. Like last year I expect to see us pick up some more guys we never heard of but who contribute more than we expected.

I get being smart with $ but we also need some more playmakers on both sides of the ball. Ballard seems convinced he can find more playmakers in the draft vs overpaying in free agency.

If he drafts like last year he just may be right.

Yes and I suppose having to sign a bunch of 2 nd contracts on the guys we have will cost a pretty penny to keep some of them here.