Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

When you twist things to suit your agenda, it doesn't make your argument more valid.

Regardless, the games on the field will solve a lot of these debates.  I predict Baltimore to lose to the Chargers this weekend.

What am I twisting, man? Seriously. I'm responding directly to your points.

That's your opinion and I'm cool with that.. Just don't see any facts or stats behind it. So I'd say you're guilty of exactly what you accused me of.

I will also go ahead and completely disagree with you based on the fact that the Ravens went to LA 2 weeks ago and made MVP candidate, Philip Rivers, look like Blake Bortles for 4 quarters. And now the game is at home in a crazy atmosphere and the Ravens (along with the Colts) are one of the hottest teams in the NFL. They have the #2 run offense and #1 total defense in the league. I like that formula against the Chargers every day of the week.

Just now, Baltimore Hoosier said:

What am I twisting, man? Seriously. I'm responding directly to your points.

That's your opinion and I'm cool with that.. Just don't see any facts or stats behind it. So I'd say you're guilty of exactly what you accused me of. I also completely disagree with you based on the fact that the Ravens went to LA 2 weeks ago and made MVP candidate, Philip Rivers, look like Blake Bortles for 4 quarters. And now the game is at home in a crazy atmosphere.

Twisting.....

You don't understand the game as much as you think you do.  "I played for 12 years"  That has nothing to do with my assertion. 

Do you hate the Colts like many from Baltimore?  "Nope, I was born in 1984"  That doesn't mean squat to the topic.

All we know for sure is you make up facts to suit your argument.  It doesn't matter how many years you played football, it doesn't matter what year you were born.  That was the whole point, but you kept sidetracking.

Good debate.  Go Hoosiers.

Twisting.....
You don't understand the game as much as you think you do.  "I played for 12 years"  That has nothing to do with my assertion. 
Do you hate the Colts like many from Baltimore?  "Nope, I was born in 1984"  That doesn't mean squat to the topic.
All we know for sure is you make up facts to suit your argument.  It doesn't matter how many years you played football, it doesn't matter what year you were born.  That was the whole point, but you kept sidetracking.
Good debate.  Go Hoosiers.

I realized about 3 “Baltimore Hoosiers” posts into this thread that I probably should have kept my comments about the Colts to myself because of how it comes across. And obviously if I don’t have the stats right, that hurts my credibility. So I can’t argue those points.

But I definitely have no hate for the Colts. My family are all Skins fans. So was I until the Ravens came to town. So the hate was never there for me. And my feelings about how the Colts will do in the playoffs are just based on what I’ve watched and stats I’ve seen.. I do think they are gonna beat down the Texans. After that, honestly, who freakin knows.

Good stuff. Go Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I realized about 3 “Baltimore Hoosiers” posts into this thread that I probably should have kept my comments about the Colts to myself because of how it comes across. And obviously if I don’t have the stats right, that hurts my credibility. So I can’t argue those points.

But I definitely have no hate for the Colts. My family are all Skins fans. So was I until the Ravens came to town. So the hate was never there for me. And my feelings about how the Colts will do in the playoffs are just based on what I’ve watched and stats I’ve seen.. I do think they are gonna beat down the Texans. After that, honestly, who freakin knows.

Good stuff. Go Hoosiers.

Common ground!  I was a Redskins fan until the day the Colts moved to Indy.  Art Monk was fun to watch

14 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Deleted my post. Responded to an earlier one but things seemed to have cooled off by the time I got to the end. (Just a hint the colts and Pats combined for only 2 losses vs the Ravens in 16 games during the 2000’s)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would have loved to see it.

I think I saw this is the first pair of rookies from the same team to make 1st team all-pro since 1965. The Chris Ballard hire is really starting to pay dividends. He's got $120MM+ to spend in free agency as it stands in the offseason too.

Quenton Nelson and Darius Leonard both make first team all pro. 

All GM’s dream of a draft the Colts had. As a Bears fan I am ecstatic with what the Bears did in the draft. Colts did better. It didn’t stop with those two. I read somewhere they were the only team to have drafted 4 of 5 linemen in the top 2 rounds. It paid off. Then hitting on Leonard too. Honestly if he can hit on next couple of drafts you could be looking at a nice window. Luck is getting paid but having skilled players on that rookie contract is huge. Only thing that sucks is Leonard didn’t get that extra year.

38 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I think I saw this is the first pair of rookies from the same team to make 1st team all-pro since 1965. The Chris Ballard hire is really starting to pay dividends. He's got $120MM+ to spend in free agency as it stands in the offseason too.

Meh, that doesn't seem to be Ballard's MO. I could see them going out and doing a bit more than they did last offseason, but I'm not expecting any huge splashes in free agency. Could see him making a move like they did for Ebron again.

32 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Raiders apparently hired Grigson............ man, their commitment to sucking should be applauded.

I have the Raiders contending in the AFC in about 3 years.

They will most likely end up with $90MM - $100MM in cap space in 2019, 4 of the first 35 picks in the 2019 draft, they'll have a new city and a new state-of-the-art stadium to start the 2020 season. I'm optimistic about the future for this franchise.

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I have the Raiders contending in the AFC in about 3 years.

They will most likely end up with $90MM - $100MM in cap space in 2019, 4 of the first 35 picks in the 2019 draft, they'll have a new city and a new state-of-the-art stadium to start the 2020 season. I'm optimistic about the future for this franchise.

I mean if they draft well enough. Which if Grigson has any input his background is horrible in the draft. I guess Oakland's first draft was  fine? I don't really follow the Raiders that close, but Miller sucked as a rookie , Key and Hurst were fine. But other than that it seemed like just a draft not really good or bad. Grigson's free agent track record is even worse than his draft record. I'd be way more concerned about the Chargers than I would the Raiders going forward

I mean if they draft well enough. Which if Grigson has any input his background is horrible in the draft. I guess Oakland's first draft was  fine? I don't really follow the Raiders that close, but Miller sucked as a rookie , Key and Hurst were fine. But other than that it seemed like just a draft not really good or bad. Grigson's free agent track record is even worse than his draft record. I'd be way more concerned about the Chargers than I would the Raiders going forward

Agree about the Chargers.. They have so much potential, and weapons all over the field on both sides.

With the Raiders, the draft is definitely key. I have faith in Mayock, who I’m hoping for the Raider’s sake is the key decision maker and not Grigson. From what I read, they brought him in for more of the day to day operations.