Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

2 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

The fact that Luck didn't throw that 55 yard hail mary is a bad sign. 

From the Indpls. Star

As the Colts got ready for the final play of the game in their game against Philadelphia Sunday, Andrew Luck trotted off the field. Jacoby Brissett trotted on.

Brissett took the snap, and his Hail Mary attempt fell to the ground. But it begged the question: Why wasn't Luck on the field?

“He can throw it a mile," Colts coach Frank Reich said of Brissett. "We knew Jacoby had the arm to throw it into the end zone.”

Reich said Luck would have been on the field had the Colts been 10-15 yards closer to the end zone. As it was, they were at their own 46-yard line.

“All about getting the ball into the end zone," Reich said.

Luck said while "it took me a second to figure out what was going on," he supports the decision "100 percent."

"Jacoby made a heck of a throw," he said. “Jacoby has a stronger arm than I do. It’s sort of what I see in practice. And obviously Coach Reich thinks that as well. I’ll keep working on getting my arm to where it can maybe make an 80-yard throw from the minus-30 (yard line). But I have no qualms with that decision.”

7 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Not at all.

Ya’ll make this thread miserable to even read. Good lord this constant bitching and crying about every little thing gets old.

Every Colts site is like this. The game threads over on Stampede Blue will make you want to give up on humanity.

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 10:59 PM, Crimson and Cream said:

Every Colts site is like this. The game threads over on Stampede Blue will make you want to give up on humanity.

I used to think it was bad in the Manning years when the offense was struggling to move the ball and Manning had "happy feet." It's a whole different level of bad now.

The Hail Mary play doesn't bother me as much as everything else I've seen. Luck is averaging like 8 yards per completion. I know this offense is built around short, quick throws, but that's still way too low.

So some good signs for the Colts. Turay got his first sack of his career came on Sunday, and he shared another one with Sheard. On the play where Nelson Agholor clearly stepped out of bounds early he also blew by Jason Peters to get immediate pressure on Wentz. Margus Hunt leads the NFL for tackles for loss with 8, and Darius Leonard is next with 6. Those two are tied for 3rd in the league with 3 sacks a piece as well. 

So things are all doom and gloom for the Colts. Just saying...... also Leonard needs to start getting consideration for DPOY not just DROY with the way he is playing

22 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

So things are all doom and gloom for the Colts. Just saying...... also Leonard needs to start getting consideration for DPOY not just DROY with the way he is playing

I'm watching NFL Live right now, they are all calling Leonard the best rookie so far this season regardless of position

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I'm watching NFL Live right now, they are all calling Leonard the best rookie so far this season regardless of position

Sweet, Everything sounds like he is a legit good dude off the field as well, which just makes it easier to root for him. One of the first dudes in the building and one of the last to leave as well

35 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The Colts and Football just seem to not get along 

I'm not sure Ballard and Reich realize what they've gotten into. The roster is just pitiful, and I'm not sure the offensive line will ever be serviceable.