Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Colts / NFL Game Thread

2 hours ago, Josh said:

It's been more than 500 days since he's thrown a football despite a 9 month prognosis.  The one he threw today was a kid's football.  I'd say there's plenty here to roll your eyes at.

Not the least surprised it came from you seeing how much you hate Luck 

Have they given a ramp up timeline? Or are they still hoping for training camp? I have no eggs in this basket but he was a special talent. It’s good for the NFL when their best players are on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm a giant fair weather fan of the Colts.  These past few years it really hasn't been worth a Sunday afternoon to watch.  That said, it's hard not to feel a little excited about the direction here.  Pagano was not effective for anything but terrible catch phrases with mispronounced "s" sounds.  "All three phashesh of the game."  Barf.  Grigson was so bad at his job, he managed to get bested by the Browns.  Just dumping them, we'll improve.  The defense is a question mark, with at least some interesting pieces and defined direction.

Dalton26, I really don't think people are hating on Luck with derisive comments.  It's all fair game with the way the Colts bungled their franchise QB on his rookie contract.  Misinformation.  Prolonged return.  Little footballs.  It's been entertainment.  Really the league could really use the good PR from his return right now.  A Packers fan on reddit compiled this:

Friendly reminder that Andrew Luck:

• took a [shifty...] Colts team to 3 straight 11-5 seasons in his first 3 years.

• Set the record for most 4th quarter comebacks his rookie season

• Had Pagano as his coach for most of his career and single handily kept that man's job

• Beat Seattle AND San Fran in 2013. They were by far the two best teams in the league that year.

• Legit OWNED the Manning led Denver Broncos and beat them in the divisional round to get to the AFCCG

Dude is legit and yet people think Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith are better. Hope he can come back fully healthy. Guy is a top 5 QB.

12 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

You’re trying way to hard to hate here. The difference between a college and nfl football is negligible. I’ll never understand your hate for a guy over something he can’t control. It’s baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He does the same thing with Archie. It's like it bothers him that fans of the team actually support the player/coach of the team.

59 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Dalton26, I really don't think people are hating on Luck with derisive comments.  It's all fair game with the way the Colts bungled their franchise QB on his rookie contract.  Misinformation.  Prolonged return.  Little footballs.  It's been entertainment.  Really the league could really use the good PR from his return right now.  A Packers fan on reddit compiled this:

Friendly reminder that Andrew Luck:

• took a [shifty...] Colts team to 3 straight 11-5 seasons in his first 3 years.

• Set the record for most 4th quarter comebacks his rookie season

• Had Pagano as his coach for most of his career and single handily kept that man's job

• Beat Seattle AND San Fran in 2013. They were by far the two best teams in the league that year.

• Legit OWNED the Manning led Denver Broncos and beat them in the divisional round to get to the AFCCG

Dude is legit and yet people think Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith are better. Hope he can come back fully healthy. Guy is a top 5 QB.

Those are two different things in my opinion. Making jokes about the Colts is fair game because they have royally screwed this guy since they drafted him. The team saying and doing stupid things has nothing to do with him. I didnt do that to Tom Brady who I cant stand when he was injured because things like that IMO are just purely low class. There is a fine line between the two IMO.

Coming into the league he definitely had the potential to be a top 5-15 QB all time, but with the way the Colts did him to start his career I dont think there is any chance of that now. I just hope he can atleast get back to 80% of what he was and he'll still have a long and successful career.

I'm not hating, and I don't hate Andrew Luck.  I find it strange that pointing out flaws in somebody's game gets interpreted as hate.  Maybe some of you slurp too hard to see clearly.

I know college football's and NFL balls are not too different.  However, he is using a college ball for a reason that neither of us know.  Not a big deal, but pointing it out doesn't equal hate.

Also, Luck insisted on using his own surgeon instead of Dr James Andrew's.  Yes, this botched surgery is his fault.

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He does the same thing with Archie. It's like it bothers him that fans of the team actually support the player/coach of the team.

Not at all.  Pointing out flaws is not hate.  I can certainly understand being a fan because the guy is a part of your favorite team.  I can't understand why a guy can't point out flaws without getting bashed.  

Blind loyalty while ignoring all flaws is annoying.  The only person who deserves blind loyalty is the Lord

I'm not hating, and I don't hate Andrew Luck.  I find it strange that pointing out flaws in somebody's game gets interpreted as hate.  Maybe some of you slurp too hard to see clearly.  

I know college football's and NFL balls are not too different.  However, he is using a college ball for a reason that neither of us know.  Not a big deal, but pointing it out doesn't equal hate.

Also, Luck insisted on using his own surgeon instead of Dr James Andrew's.  Yes, this botched surgery is his fault.

If it was a college football don’t those have better grip? Could it be a feel thing for the difference or he is just more comfortable with that ball? I honestly don’t know but I am pretty sure I have heard that before. I am Switzerland on the rest because the Colts are not my team.

Edit: I can’t believe I just looked it up but a college football is shorter by 1/2 inch and has 1 inch smaller circumference. NFL balls are 11 inches long and have a circumference of 22 inches. This part is not at you Josh, just didn’t feel like adding another post.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile appo

38 minutes ago, Josh said:

You blamed Luck for everything in losses. Now you take shots any chance you can, you hate him and it flies proud and strong every time you say anything about the guy. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Looking back, would it surprise anyone else if part of the reason Luck rushed his rehab last fall was due to Pagano begging him to come back to try and save his job?

You seen the quotes about how Pagano admits Luck got him more time than he should have had? Pretty telling

6 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

You blamed Luck for everything in losses. Now you take shots any chance you can, you hate him and it flies proud and strong every time you say anything about the guy. 

Lol.  Your perception is not my intent.

When he has 4 turnovers in a loss, then damn right he needs to take blame.  When I do say so after a 4 turnover performance, some of you act incredulous that Luck should shoulder any blame.  That's way too homeristic for me.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Lol.  Your perception is not my intent.

When he has 4 turnovers in a loss, then damn right he needs to take blame.  When I do say so after a 4 turnover performance, some of you act incredulous that Luck should shoulder any blame.  That's way too homeristic for me.

Oh you mean like the game in Denver when Reitz proved how inept he was and didn't touch his man which let them get a free run at Luck? But you still found a way to put all the blame on Luck, yeah you're the objective one

14 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Oh you mean like the game in Denver when Reitz proved how inept he was and didn't touch his man which let them get a free run at Luck? But you still found a way to put all the blame on Luck, yeah you're the objective one

I've given blame and credit.  Have you?  Because I've never seen you place any blame on Luck despite even after one of his 3+ turnover games.  If you only give credit, you're not the objective one.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

If it was a college football don’t those have better grip? Could it be a feel thing for the difference or he is just more comfortable with that ball? I honestly don’t know but I am pretty sure I have heard that before. I am Switzerland on the rest because the Colts are not my team.

Edit: I can’t believe I just looked it up but a college football is shorter by 1/2 inch and has 1 inch smaller circumference. NFL balls are 11 inches long and have a circumference of 22 inches. This part is not at you Josh, just didn’t feel like adding another post.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile appo

Huh. I had no idea. 

Huh. I had no idea. 

Honestly I didn’t either until I looked it up. They allow variance in the ball but it has to fit in a range. What I posted is a typical ball. Guess that’s why they try and smash the hell out of the tips in the NFL? IDK

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Honestly I didn’t either until I looked it up. They allow variance in the ball but it has to fit in a range. What I posted is a typical ball. Guess that’s why they try and smash the hell out of the tips in the NFL? IDK

WOW!  I had no idea I was opening up Pandora's Box yesterday!   :farting_smiley:

22 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Don't HS and College use the same size?

I don't know tbh.  Googling around, there appears to be very little difference from high school to the NFL.  I'm not sure why Luck was using one.

I just read it was a high school ball and saw the Luck quite here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-says-he-had-a-little-mental-block-throwing-a-regulation-football/