Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Official 2016-17 IUBB Preseason Thread

Sports Illustrated projected top freshman scorers - De"ron Davis at #37 and I think we'd all be happy if he performs that well his freshman season.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/10/17/top-50-freshmen-scorers-markelle-fultz-jayson-tatum?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Does anyone see JMo starting by the B1G season..? I know Crean likes having multiple ball handlers on the court at one time and JMo would do just that. Could we see JMo in more of a Troy type stretch 4 wing role this season?

Almost think he's going to have to be starting with Davis being out of shape and Rojo looking like the best ball handler. 

Rojo/JBJ/OG/Morgan/Bryant. 

With Newkirk, Cujo and Davis off the Bench. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Does anyone see JMo starting by the B1G season..? I know Crean likes having multiple ball handlers on the court at one time and JMo would do just that. Could we see JMo in more of a Troy type stretch 4 wing role this season?

I think Crean will probably go with Newkirk/RoJo/Blackmon/OG/Bryant, but I think putting Morgan in for Newkirk would be our best line-up, it gives us more size and as you said Morgan is a capable ball handler as well.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

MSU is now down to one player over 6' 7. Can't see them winning the big ten that small. 

Not only that, but their only player over 6'7 averaged 3/3 last season... Not exactly great numbers, and he's a SR this rather than a freshmen you'd expect to make a big leap.

Now on the positive side for MSU, I do think Nick Ward will be a nice player and his size should be enough to help out vs most 5's that MSU will face. However, lucky for us, Thomas Bryant is a lot better than your average center! :92:

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

MSU is now down to one player over 6' 7. Can't see them winning the big ten that small. 

What happened? I know their grad transfer was hurt, what now?

32 minutes ago, Crean'sTheMan said:

Not only that, but their only player over 6'7 averaged 3/3 last season... Not exactly great numbers, and he's a SR this rather than a freshmen you'd expect to make a big leap.

Now on the positive side for MSU, I do think Nick Ward will be a nice player and his size should be enough to help out vs most 5's that MSU will face. However, lucky for us, Thomas Bryant is a lot better than your average center! :92:

Nick Ward is their only guy over that height. Their senior got hurt today. So they have a Freshmen PF now as their starting Center and Miles Bridges will be their PF. 

Didn't see a thread for the practice, although I'm sure there is one. Couldn't believe how high intensity and efficient that practice was. There was no wasted movements for anyone. Loved seeing them run the offense and Result in everyone shooting it at the end vs just one guy shooting it.

Maybe that's nothing new in high major practices, but I couldn't believe he level of detail and planning that goes in to making it that efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Almost think he's going to have to be starting with Davis being out of shape and Rojo looking like the best ball handler. 

Rojo/JBJ/OG/Morgan/Bryant. 

With Newkirk, Cujo and Davis off the Bench. 

That could be a monster defensive lineup, assuming we can hide JBJ of course

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts from day one. I thought Rono, JBJ, TB, OG and Hartman was a likely possibility. I could easily see Morgan sliding into Hartman's spot. Of course CTC could always go with a three guard lineup with Newkirk.

Sent from my LG-D850 using BtownBanners mobile app