Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana’s Jerome Johnson cited for underage consumption

Here’s a shocker: a college-aged but underaged football player ran afoul of the law because of (gasp!) alcohol.

According to HoosierSportsReport.com, Indiana’s Jerome Johnson was cited Saturday for illegal possession and consumption of alcohol. The defensive lineman was cited after a resident found the defensive lineman passed out in stairwell and called university police.

From the report:

[IU police Lt. Craig] Munroe said officers called an ambulance after they struggled to receive identification from Johnson. The ambulance took him to IU Health Bloomington Hospital, where he later received his citation, Munroe said.

It’s unclear what if any punishment Johnson will receive from a program that suspended six players ahead of the opener against FIU this past weekend.

A three-star 2016 recruit, Johnson was rated as the No. 74 defensive tackle in the country by247sports.com. Johnson did not see the field for the opener.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/07/found-passed-out-in-stairwell-indianas-jerome-johnson-cited-for-underage-consumption/

Hmmm obviously not good to be found passed out drunk (especially when you are 300 lbs, I wonder how much alcohol it took), but I guess it could have been worse? At least he wasn't arrested with drugs and a gun or assaulting an officer...Either way, coaching staff will dish out the right punishment.

26 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

Being passed out in a dorm stairway is more than mistake. Its a serious infraction. It should be dealt with a heavy hand. I do hope he learns.

Agreed. The football players represent IU and having your guys passing out in dorm staircases is a really bad look. I'm guessing he has some dates with his track shoes to look forward to.