Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Nick Zeisloft - Iberostar Tenerife (Spanish Liga ACB)

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2016/09/08/nick-zeisloft-signs-training-camp-deal-with-the-pacers/

Written on September 8, 2016 by Scott Agness.

Nick Zeisloft has signed a training camp deal to join the Indiana Pacers, the team announced Thursday.
The Indiana University product inked a one-year, rookie minimum-level deal with the team on Tuesday with $25,000 guaranteed, league sources told VigilantSports.com.

Zeisloft was not one of the 42 players the Pacers brought in for a pre-draft workout in June, and he did not compete in any of the three NBA-sanctioned Summer Leagues.

[Pacers reach agreement with Kevin Seraphin on two-year deal]

With the additions of Seraphin and Zeisloft, the Pacers have 19 players under contract, including 16 with guaranteed deals. They can have a maximum of 20 players in camp, which begins on Tuesday, Sept. 27. Then, they must trim their roster to 15 by opening night (Oct. 26).

[Pacers sign Alex Poythress, Julyan Stone]

By signing Zeisloft (and others with only a small guarantee), the Pacers retain their rights for D-League purposes and they would join their affiliate, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.

Zeisloft spent the first two seasons of his collegitate career at Illinois State (2011-14). Using the gradate transfer rule, which allows a player who has earned his degree in three years — he redshirted his freshman season — to transfer to another school without being required to sit out, Zeisloft spent his final two seasons in Bloomington.

Last season at IU, Zeisloft averaged 6.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, and 0.6 assists per game, and shot 41.7 percent (65 for 156) from long distance.

Nicky has signed with the Pacers in hopes to earn a roster spot. The pacers are currently 19 deep for their training camp in a couple of weeks, the final roster has to be cut down to 15.

Nick worked out for the Mavericks earlier this summer and did not participate in the summer league. 

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/pacers-nick-zeisloft-gets-camp-invite-from-pacers/

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2016/10/04/nick-zeisloft-discusses-his-opportunity-with-the-pacers/

Former Indiana University guard Nick Zeisloft signed his first NBA contract on Sept. 6, 2016. He didn’t receive an invitation to play for an NBA team during Summer League action in July, but the Pacers later asked him to join them for a week of workouts at the end of August.

The 23-year-old from La Grange, Illinois ended up signing a one-year deal for the league minimum ($543,471), of which only $25,000 is guaranteed, per league sources. Ultimately, this is a deal for the Pacers to own the rights to Zeisloft when it comes time for the Developmental League. The Pacers own the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, and that’s where Zeisloft, along with Julyan Stone and Alex Poythress, will end up.

The 6-4, 210-pound guard, wearing No. 15, will suit up in the Pacers’ first of six preseason games Tuesday in New Orleans.

Here’s a brief Q&A with Zeisloft on joining the Pacers and what he’s trying to prove to scouts and team officials.

How did the opportunity to join the Pacers come about?

I came in to workout for a week or so at the end of August. I just thought it was going to be a week of workouts and open gym and playing with the team. And then they invited me back for another week, liked what I was doing, and decided to sign me to a contract the next week. It all fell into a place how I never expected it to, and it worked out well.

Were you under the impression that the workout was a tryout, or that they were simply needing an extra body?

Any time someone has you in, I guess it’s kind of like they are checking out what you can do. It just felt like workouts and open gyms, and it was all a lot of fun how it all came about.

We didn’t see in any of the three NBA Summer Leagues. So, how did you spend your summer?

Yeah, I wasn’t invited into summer league. I was working out on my own a lot and getting better on my own a lot back in the Grange, sometimes in Bloomington. I was all over.

What are you trying to show the decision makers for a chance at making it in the NBA?

I’ll have to play with the ball more some, just because of my size in the NBA. Ball skills. Working on everything. Defending on this level is tough and so just improving in that way, too. Just a lot of things. It all matters.

I’ve been told to expect to see Christian Watford join the Mad Ants this upcoming season. What will that be like for you — two IU guys?

I didn’t know that. That would be a lot of fun. Christian is a great player. Never got to play with him because our paths didn’t cross at IU. He’s a great guy, hard worker, and I’ve talked to him several times and like being around him off the court. He’s a great dude to play with.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2016/10/04/nick-zeisloft-discusses-his-opportunity-with-the-pacers/

Former Indiana University guard Nick Zeisloft signed his first NBA contract on Sept. 6, 2016. He didn’t receive an invitation to play for an NBA team during Summer League action in July, but the Pacers later asked him to join them for a week of workouts at the end of August.

The 23-year-old from La Grange, Illinois ended up signing a one-year deal for the league minimum ($543,471), of which only $25,000 is guaranteed, per league sources. Ultimately, this is a deal for the Pacers to own the rights to Zeisloft when it comes time for the Developmental League. The Pacers own the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, and that’s where Zeisloft, along with Julyan Stone and Alex Poythress, will end up.

The 6-4, 210-pound guard, wearing No. 15, will suit up in the Pacers’ first of six preseason games Tuesday in New Orleans.

Here’s a brief Q&A with Zeisloft on joining the Pacers and what he’s trying to prove to scouts and team officials.

How did the opportunity to join the Pacers come about?

I came in to workout for a week or so at the end of August. I just thought it was going to be a week of workouts and open gym and playing with the team. And then they invited me back for another week, liked what I was doing, and decided to sign me to a contract the next week. It all fell into a place how I never expected it to, and it worked out well.

Were you under the impression that the workout was a tryout, or that they were simply needing an extra body?

Any time someone has you in, I guess it’s kind of like they are checking out what you can do. It just felt like workouts and open gyms, and it was all a lot of fun how it all came about.

We didn’t see in any of the three NBA Summer Leagues. So, how did you spend your summer?

Yeah, I wasn’t invited into summer league. I was working out on my own a lot and getting better on my own a lot back in the Grange, sometimes in Bloomington. I was all over.

What are you trying to show the decision makers for a chance at making it in the NBA?

I’ll have to play with the ball more some, just because of my size in the NBA. Ball skills. Working on everything. Defending on this level is tough and so just improving in that way, too. Just a lot of things. It all matters.

I’ve been told to expect to see Christian Watford join the Mad Ants this upcoming season. What will that be like for you — two IU guys?

I didn’t know that. That would be a lot of fun. Christian is a great player. Never got to play with him because our paths didn’t cross at IU. He’s a great guy, hard worker, and I’ve talked to him several times and like being around him off the court. He’s a great dude to play with.

Nice to have an IU guy to root for on the Pacers for once, even if it's in the D-League

8 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Waived by the Pacers. Probably heading to the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants. 

‏@ScottAgness: Pacers have waived Alex Poythress and Nick Zeisloft ahead of their final preseason game on Wednesday.

Both are expected in Ft. Wayne.

I know there was an article from the Pacers about how Zeisloft was signed specifically for the Mad Ants, so it's probably already a done deal he ends up there. Same for Poythress. Lets hope they find success there! If Zeisloft is going to get an NBA opportunity it starts there.