Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2018-19 Basketball Schedule

16 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

We have potential to put together a season with a lot of W’s since our non conference schedule isn’t too great and the Big Ten is down

We play 20 conference games now, and we already know that we host Louisville, host Marquette, play Butler in Indianapolis at the crossroads classic, and will likely go on the road for the ACC Challenge. We may very well have a really good season (I think we will), but it certainly won’t be easy.

I'm interested in seeing the full non-conference schedule with already having games against Butler (neutral), Louisville (home), and Marquette (home) . My guess is they get one of Duke, UNC, or Virginia on the road in the B1G/ACC challenge. Shouldn't be too bad of a schedule.
No matter our record we always get the the top acc teams

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

No matter our record we always get the the top acc teams

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Expected ACC home teams next season:
Florida State
Louisville
Clemson
Miami
Boston College
Duke
Norte Dame

A Dook rematch or a game in Florida? Will Virginia, NC State, or No Classes get two straight home games?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Moving to 20 conference games I'd like to see
- 3 to 4 big time opponents (ACC opponent, CC or Big East, game or two in preseason tourney, special event)
- 2 to 3 easy wins around Thanksgiving and Christmas
- the rest solid opponents to boost SOS/RPI

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 5/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, HoosierAloha said:

Expected ACC home teams next season:
Florida State
Louisville
Clemson
Miami
Boston College
Duke
Norte Dame

A Dook rematch or a game in Florida? Will Virginia, NC State, or No Classes get two straight home games?

Already play Hooker U, so they're out. I doubt we get BC or ND, although I wouldn't mind playing at South Bend. Don't want to see Duke again, would be nice to play someone different like maybe @ FSU or Miami. I expect a  predictable media match-up against a big name though. 

Toughest possible matchup and a very limited chance to win but at least Duke will be youthful.  Good challenge for our guys and great exposure.  

Since we get Louisville, Marquette at home, this is a great year to have a matchup like this.  Swing for the fences, a loss doesn't really hurt and a win would be monumental.  

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not scared of Duke, but we just played them. I was hoping for something different -- maybe Virginia. We haven't played them yet in the ACC/B1G Challenge. Would've loved to have seen Romeo vs. Kyle Guy. 

I agree with Virginia!

I think playing against duke is Archie’s way of saying to be the best you gotta beat the best. It’s another form of trying to make Indiana “cool” agai.  I like it

Archie didnt schedule this

1) He didn’t schedule it.
2) BEATING Duke is what will make IU cool again. And that’s what I fully expect us to do.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1) He didn’t schedule it.
2) BEATING Duke is what will make IU cool again. And that’s what I fully expect us to do.

you think we beat Duke at Cameron?  We aren't ready for that yet, imo.  We have a puncher's chance as all head to head sports offer but our odds of winning will be minuscule.