Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Schedule

11/6 - Chicago St.

11/9 - Montana St.

11/14 - Marquette (Gavitt Tipoff)

11/18 - @ Arkansas (Hardwood Showcase)

11/20 - UT-Arlington

11/23 - UC-Davis

11/27 - @ Duke (B1G/ACC Challenge)

12/1 - Northwestern

12/4 - @ Penn State 

12/08 - Louisville

12/15 - Butler (Crossroads Classic @ BLF)

12/19 - Central Arkansas

12/22 - Jacksonville

B1G pairings

Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

I like these games!! I really like the ones in NYC when we're recruiting that area hard. There's nothing like being able to tell an NE kid you'll get to play at MSG in a prime time game!

Also, really like that were shooting for that 3-5 games. Three elite games with two solid games to back it up. If we could get those 250+ RPI games down a bit we would be in business.

If we could actually get that KU series ironed out instead of talking about it every year we'd be moving in the eggy direction in our scheduling.

UNC (N)
UL (H)
UVA/Cuse (H)
Butler (N)
KU (A)
Gavitt?

Those 5 or 6 games would stack up amongst the top noncon schedules in the country. The other 7 to 8 will be among the worst though.

Love this! Hopefully it happens by 2018-2019 season.

UNC (N)
UL (H)
ACC opponent (Duke, UVA, Cuse) (A)
Zona (H)
Butler (N)

That would be a couple of nice marquee home games for the season ticket holders. It would also provide some good neutral site and away environments to prepare for conference and tourney games.

https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein-big-ten-head-coaches-vote-in-favor-of-schedule-change-2/
Looks like it’s official

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hope they go to protected rivalries and split the other 12 teams each season. (6 home/home, 6 home or away) The following season you flip. I'm sure the B1G will find a way to mess that up though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The Big Ten Conference Administrators Council approved a change to the format of future men’s and women’s basketball schedules at its annual meeting last week. Beginning with the 2018-19 season, the men’s basketball schedule will increase to 20 conference games and the women’s basketball schedule will feature 18 conference games.

Under the new men’s format, teams will play seven opponents twice and six teams once (three home, three away) in a given season. The three in-state rivalries – Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue and Michigan/Michigan State – will be played twice annually, while the new schedule will also include a regional component to increase the frequency of games among teams in similar areas. Over the course of a six-year cycle (12 playing opportunities), in-state rivals will play each other 12 times, regional opponents will play 10 times, and all other teams will play nine times.

The updated women’s format will feature 18 conference games that will allow teams to play five opponents twice and eight teams once (four home, four away) each season. A similar model that emphasizes in-state rivalries and competition between regional opponents will also be implemented for the new women’s schedule.

More details, including each team’s list of single- and double-play opponents for 2018-19, will be released at a later date.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101917aab.html

1 hour ago, ccgeneral said:

The Big Ten Conference Administrators Council approved a change to the format of future men’s and women’s basketball schedules at its annual meeting last week. Beginning with the 2018-19 season, the men’s basketball schedule will increase to 20 conference games and the women’s basketball schedule will feature 18 conference games.

Under the new men’s format, teams will play seven opponents twice and six teams once (three home, three away) in a given season. The three in-state rivalries – Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue and Michigan/Michigan State – will be played twice annually, while the new schedule will also include a regional component to increase the frequency of games among teams in similar areas. Over the course of a six-year cycle (12 playing opportunities), in-state rivals will play each other 12 times, regional opponents will play 10 times, and all other teams will play nine times.

The updated women’s format will feature 18 conference games that will allow teams to play five opponents twice and eight teams once (four home, four away) each season. A similar model that emphasizes in-state rivalries and competition between regional opponents will also be implemented for the new women’s schedule.

More details, including each team’s list of single- and double-play opponents for 2018-19, will be released at a later date.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101917aab.html

Thanks for the info. I just watched CAM at the B1G media day and someone asked a question about the IU-PU rivalry being protected going forward. I had no idea what he was taking about. Now, I know ... BTW, if they're gonna worry about protecting traditional rivalries, why not protect the geography around which the B1G was built? The media day in NYC? That's nuts. And the B1G tournament there? Don't get me started. The B1G is primarily and traditionally a Midwest conference -- its events should be held there. 

22 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Thanks for the info. I just watched CAM at the B1G media day and someone asked a question about the IU-PU rivalry being protected going forward. I had no idea what he was taking about. Now, I know ... BTW, if they're gonna worry about protecting traditional rivalries, why not protect the geography around which the B1G was built? The media day in NYC? That's nuts. And the B1G tournament there? Don't get me started. The B1G is primarily and traditionally a Midwest conference -- its events should be held there. 

I like media day being in NYC. I think whenever you can get your brand into a big market like New York it's a good thing. Plus I'm sure it's a cool trip for the players. 

38 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@JonRothstein: Sources: West Virginia-Indiana to headline 2018 Jimmy V Classic at MSG, Notre Dame also in field. STORY @FanRagSports: bit.ly/2BXzrmx

Weren't we suppose to play UNC next year? At least that's what this article said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2016/09/06/iu-schedules-hoops-trips-new-york-2017-2018/89904258/

No article so far has seemed to acknowledge we have switched opponents. It's probably better for us as I assume WVU is closer to our level and it will probably be a better game against a still good team as we continue to rebuild but it definitely looks like we were suppose to play UNC originally.

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

Weren't we suppose to play UNC next year? At least that's what this article said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2016/09/06/iu-schedules-hoops-trips-new-york-2017-2018/89904258/

No article so far has seemed to acknowledge we have switched opponents. It's probably better for us as I assume WVU is closer to our level and it will probably be a better game against a still good team as we continue to rebuild but it definitely looks like we were suppose to play UNC originally.

Yeah, I don't know what the scoop is on this one.