Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2018-19 Basketball Schedule

20-12 makes us a bubble team. It would nice to make the tournament comfortably once again.

No way a P5 school, especially a B1G school, with the increased conference games and a SOS like ours will be an actual bubble team at 20-12.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No way a P5 school, especially a B1G school, with the increased conference games and a SOS like ours will be an actual bubble team at 20-12.

An 8/9 at worst with with a SOS we will have. I still think/hope we do better.

All depends on how many of those 20 wins would be Quad 1 wins and even Quad 2 wins. You could have a 20-12 team as high as a 5 seed with the right number of quad 1 and 2 wins. Also you could have a bubble team or a team not make the tourney with a 20-12 record. I’m talking Quads in August. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Add Central Arkansas at Assembly Hall on December 19th to the schedule.

The Bears will then hit the road for three big matchups at three storied venues, starting with a return trip to New Mexico's The Pit on Sunday, Dec. 16, followed by Indiana's Assembly Hall on Wednesday, Dec. 19 and Gallagher-Iba Arena at Oklahoma State on Friday, Dec. 21.

"I think of everyone we're playing, Indiana will be the best team,' said Pennell. "Because (head coach) Archie Miller has had a year there, and they signed a Top 10 guard in this class that's really good. He's a one-and-done type kid. That program is definitely not in shambles. That will be a very, very difficult game.

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2018/8/9/mens-basketball-bears-to-face-sec-foe-in-season-opener.aspx

CBS previewing Duke's toughest non-conference games.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/duke-non-conference-schedule-2018-19-ranking-the-blue-devils-toughest-non-acc-games/

3. Indiana

Nov. 27 in Durham, North Carolina (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)

2017-18 record: 16-15

Coach: Archie Miller

Outlook: Year 1 under Archie Miller at  Indiana was an up-and-down ride that included impressive wins over Penn State, Maryland, Iowa and Notre Dame. But it also included baffling losses, like an inexplicable implosion against Indiana State and an even more head-scratching loss to Fort Wayne. But in Year Two, Miller brings in a top-10 recruiting class and returns leading scorer Juwan Morgan -- both of which should give Miller a solid base on which to build on from last season. They'll have a ton of talent, and even though they remain fairly young, I think the Hoosiers have a good shot at stacking up nicely with Duke. IU is inexperienced and young but then there's Duke's version of inexperienced and young -- a team that very well could start at least four freshmen next season.

Jacksonville added for December 22nd:

Here's a rundown with home games in caps:

Nov. 6 - CHICAGO STATE
Nov. 14 - MARQUETTE (Gavitt Games)
Nov. 18 - at Arkansas (Hardwood Classic)
Nov. 20 - UT Arlington (Hardwood Classic
Nov. 27 - at Duke (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)
Dec. 8 - LOUISVILLE
Dec. 15 - vs. Butler in Indy (Crossroads Classic)
Dec. 19 - CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Dec. 22 - JACKSONVILLE

Other known games: Montana State, UC Davis (Hardwood Classic)

12 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

Jacksonville added for December 22nd:

Here's a rundown with home games in caps:

Nov. 6 - CHICAGO STATE
Nov. 14 - MARQUETTE (Gavitt Games)
Nov. 18 - at Arkansas (Hardwood Classic)
Nov. 20 - UT Arlington (Hardwood Classic
Nov. 27 - at Duke (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)
Dec. 8 - LOUISVILLE
Dec. 15 - vs. Butler in Indy (Crossroads Classic)
Dec. 19 - CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Dec. 22 - JACKSONVILLE

Other known games: Montana State, UC Davis (Hardwood Classic)

Awesome. Big Ten season probably starts around 27th or 28th. And I am off that week 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

What is the Hardwood Classic? Where is the UT Arlington game being played?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A made up exempt tourney so teams can play 31 instead of 30 games.

At the S.S. Assembly.

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh didn’t realize we were doing that again. Thought that was a one time thing because having the tourney a week sooner

20 game conference schedule now.

That’s 7 games that should be wins. 1 game that is probably a loss. Would like to go 2 of 3 in the others for a record of 9-2. Or at least 8-3. 

Combined with what I would expect to be at least 14 wins in the big ten thanks to a favorable schedule. Gives us at least a 22-9 record going into the Big ten tourney

No understood that just figured they would take the place of the 12-13th non con games

There usually was only one or two weeks with one game during conference. That would be a killer if they didn’t with the conference tournament sooner and more games. I just assumed they would. If they don’t we will have two weeks with three games.

Edit: According to Jon Rothstein we will.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/sports/college/big-ten-basketball-will-have-december-conference-games-again-2018-per-report/9c2d3H9u1sELT2BAjbWTZP/amp.html