Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Chicago State announced today it will play at Bloomington on Nov. 6.   Yes, the same Chicago State who just announced today it filled its head coaching position which had been vacant since mid-March.   Lance Irvin what have you gotten yourself into?  lol

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Chicago State announced today it will play at Bloominton on Nov. 6.   Yes, the same Chicago State who just announced today it filled its head coaching position which had been vacant since mid-March.   Lance Irvin what have you gotten yourself into?  lol

Yikes at that Kenpom

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Chicago State announced today it will play at Bloominton on Nov. 6.   Yes, the same Chicago State who just announced today it filled its head coaching position which had been vacant since mid-March.   Lance Irvin what have you gotten yourself into?  lol

Archie's allowed one, right?

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We need a few cupcakes. Every team does. We have a loaded slate this season. No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep.  The likes of Chicago's Not A State have a place on the schedule; my complaint was always being so overloaded with them.

DkCTFsGV4AA5OUR.jpg:large&key=74e570e32592e09430ffc9a57703868cfff6ae1306f5bb0da4fabc49a8a49bb4

I like this schedule a lot more than what we've seen in the recent past. I'd like to see a couple more opponents in the top 150 to round out the noncon schedule. That coupled with 20 conference games and we should have a top 15/20 SOS.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You guys are making me think my expectations this year may be too high....

I would expect to be 8-1 in those games.... with Duke being the most likely loss, and I guess at Arkansas wouldn't surprise me completely but I don't expect to lose any of those home games....

Id consider that a massive success. I’d say duke is 95% loss.

At Arkansas 60/40

Louisville 65/35

Marquette 75/25

Butler 70/30

You guys are making me think my expectations this year may be too high....
I would expect to be 8-1 in those games.... with Duke being the most likely loss, and I guess at Arkansas wouldn't surprise me completely but I don't expect to lose any of those home games....

I would be surprised if we won at Cameron against the Fighting K's. The rest are definitely winnable but I could see a slip up somewhere whether it's at Arkansas or against Butler. I don't think we lose at home though. 9-2 would be a solid noncon record but 10-1 would be top 25 worthy with a great RPI/SOS.

I’m seeing ten non-conference games. 

One is a likely loss, five are very likely to be wins, and four are gonna be a close call.

If things go according to Hoyle, that’s a 7-3 non con. Let’s say we add to that a 12-8 conference record and a first round B1G tourney win.

That equates to a 20-12 record with a very, very strong strength of schedule, and that is a tourney team.

So, for me at this point, better than 20-12 leans toward overachievement, and less leans toward underachievement.

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m seeing ten non-conference games. 

One is a likely loss, five are very likely to be wins, and four are gonna be a close call.

If things go according to Hoyle, that’s a 7-3 non con. Let’s say we add to that a 12-8 conference record and a first round B1G tourney win.

That equates to a 20-12 record with a very, very strong strength of schedule, and that is a tourney team.

So, for me at this point, better than 20-12 leans toward overachievement, and less leans toward underachievement.

I will be very very disappointed with a 12-8 conference record. 

Lowest we should be in our single plays is 3-3. No excuse to be lower. 

Should be at least 6-2 and in our Rutgers, Iowa, Northwestern and Illinois double plays. 

Then with Michigan, MSU and Purdue 3-3 again minimum  

12-8 should be bare minimum  

I will be very very disappointed with a 12-8 conference record. 
Lowest we should be in our single plays is 3-3. No excuse to be lower. 
Should be at least 6-2 and in our Rutgers, Iowa, Northwestern and Illinois double plays. 
Then with Michigan, MSU and Purdue 3-3 again minimum  
12-8 should be bare minimum  

I agree, we could very well have two All-Big Ten first team players in Romeo and Juwan. 12-8 would be disappointing to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners