Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
jdailey1981

#IUFB Indiana vs Ball State Pre Game Thread

Anyone heard anything about how Mike Neu is doing at Ball State? Did he change the offense? I know Riley Neal is a very talented QB. Being the former QB coach of the Saints, the unknown of Neu scares me, especially someone of his credentials working with a talent like Neal. This will be our most difficult out of conference game.

Depth chart out.

- The two-deep features a few changes, including Patrick Dougherty starting over Ralph Green III at the second defensive tackle spot.

- Tony Fields is also listed over Chase Dutra at safety. Green and Dutra were each suspended for last week’s opener at Florida International.

- Coy Cronk and Brandon Knight, who alternated during Thursday’s game at FIU, are listed as co-starters at the position this week.

- With Jordan Fuchs unavailable for the foreseeable future, Austin Dorris and Ian Thomas are both listed as backups behind starting tight end Danny Friend.

OFFENSE
LT: Coy Cronk or Brandon Knight
LG: Wes Martin, Jacob Bailey
C: Wes Rogers, Simon Stepaniak
RG: Dan Feeney, DaVondre Love
RT: Dimitric Camiel, Delroy Baker
WR: Ricky Jones, Luke Timian
WR: Simmie Cobbs, Nick Westbrook
WR: Mitchell Paige, Isaac James
QB: Richard Lagow, Danny Cameron or Zander Diamont
RB: Devine Redding, Devonte Williams
TE: Danny Friend, Austin Dorris or Ian Thomas

DEFENSE
DE: Greg Gooch, Nile Sykes
DT: Nate Hoff, Ja’merez Bowen
DT: Patrick Dougherty, Ralph Green III
DE: Jacob Robinson, Brandon Wilson
LB: Marcus Oliver, T.J. Simmons
LB: Tegray Scales, Dawson Fletcher
CB: Rashard Fant, Tyler Green
HUSKY: Marcelino Ball, Zeke Walker
S: Jonathan Crawford, Jameel Cook
S: Tony Fields, Chase Dutra
CB: Ben Bach, A’Shon Riggins

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Griffin Oakes, Aaron Del Grosso
P: Joseph Gedeon, Jake Shake
LS: Dan Godsil, Logan Robbins
H: Mitchell Paige, Joseph Gedeon
KR: Devonte Williams, Ricky Brookins
PR: Mitchell Paige, Rashard Fant

I watched the GSU/BSU game on and off last weekend. BSU did not look good in the first quarter at all. They definitely dominated in the second half. GSU is coached by Trent Miles formerly of Indiana State U I believe. GSU is not a very good team. They have only been in the BCS for a couple of years and are still growing. An interesting aside is that the Atlanta braves are moving  to their new Sun Trust Stadium in Cobb County for 2017 . Turner field will be repurposed and become GSU footballs' home field in a $250 million redevelopment of the 82 acres around Turner Field that will include the GSU village. It should seat about 35000.

We absolutely need to beat them... I was at Memorial Stadium when BSU beat us in '08 under Lynch and again in '11 when we played them at Lucas Oil stadium. Also got the watch on TV when they beat us in '12...if coach Wilson really wants to get some of the best in-state recruits he cannot go 0-3 against them. But the program has come a long way since the first year Wilson took over; I'm ready for a cardinal beat down!

We absolutely need to beat them... I was at Memorial Stadium when BSU beat us in '08 under Lynch and again in '11 when we played them at Lucas Oil stadium. Also got the watch on TV when they beat us in '12...if coach Wilson really wants to get some of the best in-state recruits he cannot go 0-3 against them. But the program has come a long way since the first year Wilson took over; I'm ready for a cardinal beat down!

That '08 BSU game was at night right? I believe an BSU player was carted off the field after being hit on the sideline???

29 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That '08 BSU game was at night right? I believe an BSU player was carted off the field after being hit on the sideline???

Yeah that really good WR, can't remember his name. Ruined his career I believe. Fwiw they still beat us easily if I remember correctly.

7 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

Depth chart out.

- The two-deep features a few changes, including Patrick Dougherty starting over Ralph Green III at the second defensive tackle spot.

- Tony Fields is also listed over Chase Dutra at safety. Green and Dutra were each suspended for last week’s opener at Florida International.

- Coy Cronk and Brandon Knight, who alternated during Thursday’s game at FIU, are listed as co-starters at the position this week.

- With Jordan Fuchs unavailable for the foreseeable future, Austin Dorris and Ian Thomas are both listed as backups behind starting tight end Danny Friend.

OFFENSE
LT: Coy Cronk or Brandon Knight
LG: Wes Martin, Jacob Bailey
C: Wes Rogers, Simon Stepaniak
RG: Dan Feeney, DaVondre Love
RT: Dimitric Camiel, Delroy Baker
WR: Ricky Jones, Luke Timian
WR: Simmie Cobbs, Nick Westbrook
WR: Mitchell Paige, Isaac James
QB: Richard Lagow, Danny Cameron or Zander Diamont
RB: Devine Redding, Devonte Williams
TE: Danny Friend, Austin Dorris or Ian Thomas

DEFENSE
DE: Greg Gooch, Nile Sykes
DT: Nate Hoff, Ja’merez Bowen
DT: Patrick Dougherty, Ralph Green III
DE: Jacob Robinson, Brandon Wilson
LB: Marcus Oliver, T.J. Simmons
LB: Tegray Scales, Dawson Fletcher
CB: Rashard Fant, Tyler Green
HUSKY: Marcelino Ball, Zeke Walker
S: Jonathan Crawford, Jameel Cook
S: Tony Fields, Chase Dutra
CB: Ben Bach, A’Shon Riggins

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Griffin Oakes, Aaron Del Grosso
P: Joseph Gedeon, Jake Shake
LS: Dan Godsil, Logan Robbins
H: Mitchell Paige, Joseph Gedeon
KR: Devonte Williams, Ricky Brookins
PR: Mitchell Paige, Rashard Fant

Is our backup P's name really Jake Shake? That's just funny right there.

Feel pretty confident heading into Saturday. Wish I was able to make the trip down, but have a lot of conflict with the schedule this season. Gonna tune in from the house. The o-line should dominate and the backs should be good to go again. Looking for Lagow to make smart decisions. Hopefully the defense has another good showing and can continue to build on an impressive start to the season.

First football game as a student. I'm stoked to say the least!

Hoping students show up for the game. Last year had some good showings but I would like to see them there other than huge opponents. I realize this comes with results but hey we are a football school and looking to make two straight bowl games. As hep said fans help win games.

Hoping students show up for the game. Last year had some good showings but I would like to see them there other than huge opponents. I realize this comes with results but hey we are a football school and looking to make two straight bowl games. As hep said fans help win games.

I have to think it will be fairly full. First game for all the freshman and first of the year for everyone else, coming off of a win. Also would imagine that quite a few Ball State students will probably come down