Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If he’s not top 10, where is he? 

Here’s the point:

When your best player is an undersized slot receiver, he’s your best player, not anyone else’s best player.  And that’s true even if he’s a very good college slot receiver. 

Leading into next Saturday's game, Rutgers QB and RB are shutting it down and have decided to use their redshirt; probably so they can transfer and keep a year of eligibility.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27775032/rutgers-qb-art-sitkowski-rb-raheem-blackshear-plan-redshirt

Hate the boilers as much as any IU fan but one can easily argue that Rondale Moore is a top 10 player in the country. He would start anywhere. He will be a first round pick if he stays healthy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Leading into next Saturday's game, Rutgers QB and RB are shutting it down and have decided to use their redshirt; probably so they can transfer and keep a year of eligibility.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27775032/rutgers-qb-art-sitkowski-rb-raheem-blackshear-plan-redshirt

Interesting. Good for us.

Speaking of dumpster fires:

“At Kansas, leading rusher Khalil Herbert left the program four games into coach Les Miles' tenure.”

wE cOuLd HaVe HaD lEs MiLeS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Hate the boilers as much as any IU fan but one can easily argue that Rondale Moore is a top 10 player in the country. He would start anywhere. He will be a first round pick if he stays healthy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Show me the 5’9”, 175 lb slot receivers that have recently been first round picks.

Rondale Moore wouldn't be one of the top ten players on Ohio State or Alabama.

Top Ten players? No. Play? Absolutely. Sometimes talent like that just shines through no matter what. Moore is just one of those guys and he’d like start. Oklahoma would be a great place for him. He should probably just transfer.

Maybe you guys could start a Rondale Moore thread?

Or just allow people to appreciate a special talent. We may want to see his team lose every weekend obviously, but to this point, he’s been a great college football player. And someone who would be a Heisman finalist if he wasn’t playing for Purdont.

Or just allow people to appreciate a special talent. We may want to see his team lose every weekend obviously, but to this point, he’s been a great college football player. And someone who would be a Heisman finalist if he wasn’t playing for Purdont.

Someone has to get yards on a bad team.

So, after coaching six college football games (no, I don't count the three last season), Ryan Day is ready for the NFL? ... Is there a joke I'm missing here somewhere? ... And  before somebody tells me he has coached in the NFL -- yes, I realize that. He was the QBs coach for two seasons for two different teams. To me, that is a completely inadequate resume for what's supposed to the the best football league in the world, so maybe I am missing something ... 

So, after coaching six college football games (no, I don't count the three last season), Ryan Day is ready for the NFL? ... Is there a joke I'm missing here somewhere? ... And  before somebody tells me he has coached in the NFL -- yes, I realize that. He was the QBs coach for two seasons for two different teams. To me, that is a completely inadequate resume for what's supposed to the the best football league in the world, so maybe I am missing something ... 

The Washington Redskins...that's the joke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

It will have to be an unseasoned coach to go to work for that team.

Sheesh talk about jumping the gun- Day has coached 5 games and all the sudden is NFL hotness? Probably the perfect fit for the 'Skins! 

What's the percentage of college coaches successfully making the NFL jump? I can think of Pete Carrol....but he was in the NFL first...….Barry Switzer? I'm sure there are more, but all NFL coaches look the same to me. 

On a non-related front, Purdoo doesn't get much right, but this is cool (if a little gimicky) Astronaut unis