Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

People are acting like Brohm is Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. I don't get it. Yes, he's a good coach don't get me wrong but is he worth top 10 money in the COUNTRY?!?! Purdue had been down I get that, but then again they've had 2 back to back 6-6 seasons. Nothing to get too excited about. I don't recall anybody going crazy about Kevin Wilson being one of the greats when we finished with back 2 back 6-6 seasons. Instead we "parted ways" with the guy and nobody seemed to be devastated about the loss. Wilson was just as much of an offensive juggernaut as Brohm was. Seems like people are l giving this guy too much credit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

People are acting like Brohm is Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. I don't get it. Yes, he's a good coach don't get me wrong but is he worth top 10 money in the COUNTRY?!?! Purdue had been down I get that, but then again they've had 2 back to back 6-6 seasons. Nothing to get too excited about. I don't recall anybody going crazy about Kevin Wilson being one of the greats when we finished with back 2 back 6-6 seasons. Instead we "parted ways" with the guy and nobody seemed to be devastated about the loss. Wilson was just as much of an offensive juggernaut as Brohm was. Seems like people are l giving this guy too much credit.

6-6 seasons are a lot different in years 1 and 2 versus 4 and 5. 

Idk. Not if you watch the games. Once they went to Blough they were tough. They easily could have been 9-3. Lost some tight ones early they could have or should have won.

And he’s doing this with mostly players that aren’t even his and aren’t much thought of.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Idk. Not if you watch the games. Once they went to Blough they were tough. They easily could have been 9-3. Lost some tight ones early they could have or should have won.

And he’s doing this with mostly players that aren’t even his and aren’t much thought of.

Yep. Brohm appears to be a very good coach. IU needs to be better in the trenches on both sides of the ball, improved quarterback play and better coaches. When is the last time IU took O$U to the woodshed like Brohm did?

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not really. Basketball is an extremely different sport where individual players can make or break a team. 

Now if 40% of the Purdue starters were first or second team Big Ten then yeah I would say 6-6 would be a disappointment 

You're still trying to instill a culture and a system. That requires having a full roster of your own players. 

2 minutes ago, jk34 said:

You're still trying to instill a culture and a system. That requires having a full roster of your own players. 

This is the wrong topic for this but as already established only 4 players aren’t Archie’s. And two are Morgan and McRoberts which I don’t think anybody could be upset about 

12 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Thanks to Jeff Goodman, we are reminded that Trollkich is 0-fer-2

This is pretty humorous. I wonder if Goodman has a beef with Dakich. I don't often see one media person calling out another like this (though it's pretty much deserved). ... I'd love to find out Dakich's "sources" -- if there are, indeed, any. I remember Tim Kurkjian said on ESPN once that he has a deal with his sources -- he will grant them anonymity, but if they're wrong and burn him, he will reveal their identity. 

This is pretty humorous. I wonder if Goodman has a beef with Dakich. I don't often see one media person calling out another like this (though it's pretty much deserved). ... I'd love to find out Dakich's "sources" -- if there are, indeed, any. I remember Tim Kurkjian said on ESPN once that he has a deal with his sources -- he will grant them anonymity, but if they're wrong and burn him, he will reveal their identity. 

He does. Dakich has talked **** about Goodman in the past and pretty well says he doesn’t know anything. That is why Brian Snow loved this. As did Frank Kaminsky.

Dakich even pissed off the Fort Wayne Local sports radio guy this week/last week. I guess he was saying stuff about him on his radio show regarding this Brohm situation.

I bet the local guy is feeling pretty good about Dakich and the egg on his face. Again.

I even enjoy/like Dakich but man he put himself out there on this one. Glad he’s taking flack.

I really can’t stand Dakich. He’s a paid professional who is too arrogant to do his job well. He takes the “you’re with me or you’re wrong” approach to everything, and I’m really quite certain I’ve never seen him own up to something as say he was wrong.

Dakich was kind of right. I’m guessing people didn’t expect Purdue to give out a better offer.

In what way was he right? He said UofL would announce Brohm on Monday. That’s black and white, no grey area.