Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

They'll start bragging about almost beating Northwestern because Northwestern beat MSU, guarantee it.

I don’t understand this thought process.

Purdue is a better team than their record indicates. There is no question about it.

As the season unfolds we are finding this to be true and there is no doubt that they are playing better with Blough.

We would do the same thing as a fan base to better assess our season.

I give them credit when they deserve it and love it when they fail/lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

So do Purdue fans talk about the Boston College game like they beat an actual top 25 team? Cause Boston College is garbage

They beat a “top 25” team but yeah they’re not good. Shouldn’t have been ranked in the first place as they hadn’t beaten anyone worth a damn. 

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Biggest surprise this year. Florida also has had quite the turnaround. Amazing what you can do when hit a homerun with the hire. 

Kentucky has also given Stoops seven seasons to build the program up. He was 26-36 going into this year having played a watered down SEC east his entire tenure.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:18 AM, Hoosier Guy said:

If Notre Dame wins out, they’re in the playoff. It hurts typing that

If they win out they'll be in for sure.  If Ohio State wins out they'll be in.  Clemson will be in if they win out. A few $EC teams will be in regardless if they win out.  Most likely, one of O$U, ND, or Clemson will lose and the other two will get in with two from the $EC.

34 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If they win out they'll be in for sure.  If Ohio State wins out they'll be in.  Clemson will be in if they win out. A few $EC teams will be in regardless if they win out.  Most likely, one of O$U, ND, or Clemson will lose and the other two will get in with two from the $EC.

If both Alabama and Georgia are unbeaten heading into the SEC Championship game, then both should get in the playoff. That’s not a debate

If Notre Dame wins out, they’re in the playoff. It hurts typing that

ND has a pretty weak schedule going forward. I personally think they need someone to lose during the regular season to get in, with the exception of OSU going undefeated until the championship game and then losing. If Alabama, OSU, Clemson and Georgia win out (regardless of which loses in the SEC championship between ‘Bama and Georgia)—there’s your CFP.

ND has a pretty weak schedule going forward. I personally think they need someone to lose during the regular season to get in, with the exception of OSU going undefeated until the championship game and then losing. If Alabama, OSU, Clemson and Georgia win out (regardless of which loses in the SEC championship between ‘Bama and Georgia)—there’s your CFP.

How would you compare Norte Dame's schedule to Clemson? If ND and Clemson both win out who would you take?

How would you compare Norte Dame's schedule to Clemson? If ND and Clemson both win out who would you take?

They have a pretty easy schedule as well, with their toughest two games seemingly being the next two weeks until the championship game. What gives the nod to Clemson (again, assuming they both win out) is the championship game against Miami

They have a pretty easy schedule as well, with their toughest two games seemingly being the next two weeks until the championship game. What gives the nod to Clemson (again, assuming they both win out) is the championship game against Miami

To the last question, I would take whom I consider to be the four BEST teams in ncaa — Bama, OSU, Georgia and West Virginia (but we all know that won’t happen unless other teams lose at bad times)

23 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Notre Dame:

• #14 Michigan
  • Ball State
  • Vandy
  • @ Wake Forest
  • #7 Stanford
  • @ Virginia Tech
  • Pitt
  • Navy
  • @ Northwestern
  • Florida State
  • Syracuse
  • @ USC
Clemson
  • Furman
  • @ Texas A&M
  • Georgia Southern
  • @ Georgia Tech
  • Syracuse
  • @ Wake
  • #20 NC State
  • @ Florida State
  • Louisville
  • @ Boston College
  • Duke
  • South Carolina
I just don't see it.  The Miami game would definitely be a solid win for them but I'm not sure it's tipping the scales for me.  The wins against South Carolina and @ Texas A&M would be good wins too but I'm not sure it would be enough.  I think Notre Dames top end opponents would be collectively better than what Clemson would have faced.  

Notre Dame:

• #14 Michigan
  • Ball State
  • Vandy
  • @ Wake Forest
  • #7 Stanford
  • @ Virginia Tech
  • Pitt
  • Navy
  • @ Northwestern
  • Florida State
  • Syracuse
  • @ USC
Clemson
  • Furman
  • @ Texas A&M
  • Georgia Southern
  • @ Georgia Tech
  • Syracuse
  • @ Wake
  • #20 NC State
  • @ Florida State
  • Louisville
  • @ Boston College
  • Duke
  • South Carolina
I just don't see it.  The Miami game would definitely be a solid win for them but I'm not sure it's tipping the scales for me.  The wins against South Carolina and @ Texas A&M would be good wins too but I'm not sure it would be enough.  I think Notre Dames top end opponents would be collectively better than what Clemson would have faced.    

I know we can all make data show what we want, but take a look at their schedules with opponents FPI and RPI, below respectively. Of course, these are fluid values that change week to week, so I’m JUST sharing to show how similar the overall body of work seems with numbers attached. Even with Furman having a terrible RPI, Clemson’s average RPI opponent wasn’t too far from Notre Dame and their FPI is a slightly better average. Add in a championship game against either a Miami or Virginia Tech (assuming Clemson wins ACC title game) forms my opinion that an undefeated Clemson would get in over an undefeated Notre Dame.

NOTRE DAME SCHEDULE (FPI/RPI)

Michigan 6/16

Ball St 105/125

Vandy 62/54

Wake 68/53

Stanford 20/20

VTech 34/40

Pitt 72/79

Navy 101/96

NW 42/65

Fla St 52/84

Cuse 45/43

USC 37/44

FPI Avg - 53.7

RPI Avg - 59.9

CLEMSON SCHEDULE (FPI/RPI)

Furman NA/184

TAMU 18/24

Ga Southern 76/47

GTech 38/75

Cuse 45/43

Wake 68/53

NC State 29/15

Fla St 52/84

UofL 92/107

BC 39/56

Duke 33/36

South Carolina 30/28

FPI Avg - 47.3

RPI Avg - 62.7

I might be proven wrong later today, but Washington has done nothing to earn being ranked 7th in the nation. They lost to a mediocre Auburn team, and beat a BYU team that is fine, not good, but fine. I could seem them getting blasted by Oregon