Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Jimbo Fisher to Texas A&M. Not sure I understand this, as it's much, much easier to compete in the ACC Coastal than it is the SEC West, where you have to play Alabama and Auburn every year. But I guess $7 million a year is better than $5 million. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21631488/jimbo-fisher-leaving-florida-state-accept-coaching-job-texas-am

Apparently his son has a rare blood disease and they travel to Houston regularly for treatment. A&M being close makes sense as to why it would be a preferable destination. 

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Fulmer is the new AD at Tennessee. I kinda like Mike Leach just cause he is an odd duck but really Currie?

Fulmer and others at Tennessee were sabotaging the coaching search (i.e. umpteen leaks) to get rid of Currie. This dumpster fire is gonna resemble the Springfield Tire Fire soon.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/12/01/phillip-fulmer-orchestrated-a-coup-at-tennessee-so-whats-next-in-coaching-search/

Ric Flair tossed his hat in the ring for the Tennessee job...just sayin'....WWwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Bolt/Tennessee-Vol-football-Ric-Flair-posts-picture-of-himself-as-Tennessee-coach-111507918

Bama may be #4, maybe not. But I would have bet my house on them getting in. Their history, which should not matter, has, I believe, created a subconscious favorable bias for them. They get a mulligan nobody else gets. They don't have a good win all year, not 1. And I don't want to hear about LSU. Danny freaking Etling. They weren't picked over 1 Conference champ, they were picked over 2. A 2 loss Bama with a conference championship will get in every year. I also believe that if you flipped Bama's resume with Georgia's, Bama would have been seeded 1st and Georgia wouldn't have gotten in. I'm not saying it's intentional, I don't believe it is. I just believe it's conditioned.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

ESPN Power Rankings as of this morning:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. LSU
5. Mississippi State
6. Kentucky
7. Mississippi
8. South Carolina
9. Texas A&M
10. Arkansas
11. Florida
12. Missouri
13. Tennessee
14. Vanderbilt
15. (spot reserved for possible future SEC expansion)
16. (spot reserved for possible future SEC expansion)
17. Clemson
18. Oklahoma
19. USC
20. Miami

Duke and UNC have to be at least above Mizzou, even in football and the Longhorn network means Texas is perenially a top 10 team.