Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Sorry Joe, wrong again. Your pick was distant 4th

Bayou bliss: LSU QB Joe Burrow takes home Heisman

ESPN
8:49 PM ET5 Minute Read
Joe Burrow wins 2019 Heisman Award
There's only one major trophy remaining for Joe Burrow to lift up this college football season.

The LSU quarterback on Saturday won the Heisman Trophy, given to the most outstanding player in college football. He beat out fellow quarterbacks Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) and defensive end Chase Young (Ohio State) to hoist the 85th edition of the award at the PlayStation Theater in New York City.

Burrow finished with the largest margin of victory in Heisman history as 1,846 points separated him from the second-place Hurts. Fields finished third and teammate Young came in fourth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I guess being fourth now is let being a legitimate Heisman contender. Wonder when that changed... so I guess Hurts and Fields weren’t either?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I guess being fourth now is let being a legitimate Heisman contender. Wonder when that changed... so I guess Hurts and Fields weren’t either?

The point is that beyond Joe Burrow, no one was a legit Heisman contender, but maybe you just didn’t pay enough attention. 

Sorry Joe, wrong again. Your pick was distant 4th

Bayou bliss: LSU QB Joe Burrow takes home Heisman

ESPN
8:49 PM ET5 Minute Read
Joe Burrow wins 2019 Heisman Award
There's only one major trophy remaining for Joe Burrow to lift up this college football season.

The LSU quarterback on Saturday won the Heisman Trophy, given to the most outstanding player in college football. He beat out fellow quarterbacks Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) and defensive end Chase Young (Ohio State) to hoist the 85th edition of the award at the PlayStation Theater in New York City.

Burrow finished with the largest margin of victory in Heisman history as 1,846 points separated him from the second-place Hurts. Fields finished third and teammate Young came in fourth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t dig up things from days ago when someone was wrong. It could hurt their feelings..

For real, dude had a ridiculous season. I hope we get an LSU-O$U final.

If you are going to New York, you’re a legitimate contender.

You must have not have read the part where Burrow won with the largest margin over second place ever. It was a one man race.

Before it was obvious DeBoer was headed back to Fresno State for the top job, I saw a couple stories saying PSU might try to poach him. Instead, the Nits stole Minny's OC.

As for me, I don't feel too sorry for the Rodents -- ever since little Richard told his old man to hire Kenny Johnson away from our basketball program ... 

Stop putting Oklahoma in the playoffs. They'll probably not lose by 35 and people will act like they made good adjustment and weren't completely overmatched, just like last year. 

And no I don't have a good replacement team, but Oklahoma was not on the same level as these other 3 teams, just like last year

The great thing about this is all the people that early in the year talked about how improved defensively Oklahoma looked this year. They weren't/aren't. They just lay a weak schedule in a weak conference. Baylor was the second best team in the Big 12 and they aren't very good