Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wasn’t MSU a top defense when we played them? I thought Penix played a pretty solid game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes he did have a solid game.  But that doesn’t mean that he should be in this stat. I’d bet 30 or more QBs have played more if not all of their teams games and against a tougher schedule. 

Heck I’d be curious how much better the stats for all the QBs that OSU have faced if they had set that game out. 

There’s a reason why stats are broken up by conference and usually with a minimum number of attempts. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So does anyone know what Penix's actual ailment is? With the way IU handles concussions it seems unlikely he'd be able to practice all week if he had one.

I've heard concussion through some back channels but I can in no way confirm this is accurate. I've also heard arm. IU and their mysterious injuries.

Why can't everyone be Todd Yeagley and give out for the most part the exact injury and a more formal timeline?

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I've heard concussion through some back channels but I can in no way confirm this is accurate. I've also heard arm. IU and their mysterious injuries.

Why can't everyone be Todd Yeagley and give out for the most part the exact injury and a more formal timeline?

Yeah I mean I'm sure they have their reasons, but it is pretty odd to me. It seems that with other college football teams you at least have some idea of what injuries guys are dealing with. IU protects that stuff like they're national security issues. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah I mean I'm sure they have their reasons, but it is pretty odd to me. It seems that with other college football teams you at least have some idea of what injuries guys are dealing with. IU protects that stuff like they're national security issues. 

Yup. Yeagley isn't exact but the way he handles injuries is more or less the same as other college teams while IU's other programs protect them like the plague.