Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

23 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Florida St fired Taggart only in his 2nd season. FSU boosters ponied up $20 mil for the buyout.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999505/florida-state-fires-coach-willie-taggart

Seems like a chicken or egg question. Was Taggart so bad that there was no choice, or did Jimbo leave the cupboard so bare that Taggart needed more time to get things straightened out and nobody would've succeeded that soon? 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Seems like a chicken or egg question. Was Taggart so bad that there was no choice, or did Jimbo leave the cupboard so bare that Taggart needed more time to get things straightened out and nobody would've succeeded that soon? 

Could have been problems behind the scenes that they want to keep hidden. 

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

For a high school coach? That is absurd don’t you agree? I mean as soon as two weeks ago hiring a high school coach was enough for you to fire Glass. Now you want him to pay the man? I am shocked. What could have changed so quickly? Seems kind of knee jerk don’t you think? You have been very clear we need to blow up all money making teams and our athletic office. Remember! Glass isn’t capable of doing anything good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

While this made me chuckle, he didn't say he thought he SHOULD do it, just that glass would need to if he wants to keep coach Allen

28 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

The Tampa Bay Times put Allen on their list of possible replacements for Willie Taggart. If he is FSU’s preferred candidate they will come with bags of cash. Fred is gonna have to pony up big time to keep CTA, at least $3 million/year if not more. That stolen BTN money would have come in useful right about now.

When the FSU boosters and fan base read that article, their reaction will be: "Who the hell is Tom Allen?" 

He isn't going anywhere. 

31 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

When the FSU boosters and fan base read that article, their reaction will be: "Who the hell is Tom Allen?" 

He isn't going anywhere. 

He might not be going anywhere but dude needs a legit contract if he’s going to sustain the momentum. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

He isn't going anywhere. 

No,
I don’t think we have to sweat FSU coming after Allen at this point.

7 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Florida St fired Taggart only in his 2nd season. FSU boosters ponied up $20 mil for the buyout.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999505/florida-state-fires-coach-willie-taggart

I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to get fired and receive 18-20 million.  Hell, I’d be willing to get fired for a measly 10 million.

47 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

After the Nebraska game Glass said he was getting an extension. I think we will see him in that $3-$3.5 mill range.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I missed that. That’s awesome to hear. Also need more money for the staff and capital improvements. It’s going to get pricey.