Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

On 1/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, HoosierAloha said:

Football vs. basketball, one makes a ton of money for the governing body while the other doesn’t. One program has the head of ESPN as an alum and the other doesn’t. Politics in sports!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

One self reported and the other lied their collective a%%es off. Basically, the message here for schools is just to deny, deny, deny

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

LOL at their reason for including Purdue just outside the list. "It's not really their best class, but if you pretend the rankings weren't accurate in 2004, it kind of is!"

What could have been if some of these highly ranked in-state quarterbacks had chosen IU... instead they all ended up transferring from their original schools.
Tommy Stevens from Penn State Mississippi State.
Hunter Johnson from Clemson to Northwestern.
Brandon Peters from Michigan to Illinois.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

What could have been if some of these highly ranked in-state quarterbacks had chosen IU... instead they all ended up transferring from their original schools.
Tommy Stevens from Penn State Mississippi State.
Hunter Johnson from Clemson to Northwestern.
Brandon Peters from Michigan to Illinois.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Gunner Kiel to Iu to LSU to Notre Dame to Cincinnati to obscurity

6 hours ago, jbell833 said:

http://

Purdue just Purdue’d which means college football is officially back in full swing! Remember when Purdue fans deemed Jeff Brohm the next Bear Bryant??? Follows up a historical Bowl beatdown with a loss to Nevada to open their “B1G Championship” season. My brother-in-law is a huge Purdue fan and season ticket holder and fully expected a 10-0 start and possible undefeated season...ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t get too cocky. They started 0-3 last year and we started 3-0. Look who went bowling. They do play in the JV league to be fair but still....

7 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Purdue just Purdue’d which means college football is officially back in full swing! Remember when Purdue fans deemed Jeff Brohm the next Bear Bryant??? Follows up a historical Bowl beatdown with a loss to Nevada to open their “B1G Championship” season. My brother-in-law is a huge Purdue fan and season ticket holder and fully expected a 10-0 start and possible undefeated season...ouch.

Start 10-0?!? And people on here that think IUFB can win 7 games are delusional, sure...

Don’t get too cocky. They started 0-3 last year and we started 3-0. Look who went bowling. They do play in the JV league to be fair but still....

Not getting cocky but being around Purdue fans daily and having them talk about Brohm being the greatest coach to walk the sidelines and ALL the momentum they had coming into this season and for them to open the season like this is too funny. Never have I seen such high expectations for a team that finished 6-7 and lost their starting QB, 2 of their 3 starting WR, and entire backfield...Rondale Moore is literally their entire team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU football is expected to stink. None of our fans have expectations of winning 10 games, the division, and going to a New Years bowl.

Plus we didn’t pay our coach $40 mil after going 13-13 his first two seasons.

We can relish in this Purdue flop regardless of what happens to IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners