Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Richt would certainly be an upgrade over Allen. If IU wants to get serious about football, firing Allen has to be the first move they make. He's not cut out to be a P5 head coach. We just finished watching a very undisciplined and poorly coached team for 12 games this year. Next year will likely be more of the same. 

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

LOL! Allen wouldnt make a wort on Mark Richts you know what as far as a coach. Are you really gonna argue this??

Nope. But people wanting Richt are beyond delusional. Guy isn't a good coach at all. He held back Georgia every single year, then went to Miami to hold them back before retiring.  Dude wouldn't do anything here

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Richt would certainly be an upgrade over Allen. If IU wants to get serious about football, firing Allen has to be the first move they make. He's not cut out to be a P5 head coach. We just finished watching a very undisciplined and poorly coached team for 12 games this year. Next year will likely be more of the same. 

Not sure that is fair. A MAC or Sunbelt school would have been an ideal first-step before getting thrown into the B1G East. Not an excuse- since Glass chose him and he accepted, but I think it's a little harsh to declare his career over based on the last 2 seasons. 

If IU doesn't make progress next season, then I agree that the seat will (and should) start getting warm. 

40 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Not sure that is fair. A MAC or Sunbelt school would have been an ideal first-step before getting thrown into the B1G East. Not an excuse- since Glass chose him and he accepted, but I think it's a little harsh to declare his career over based on the last 2 seasons. 

If IU doesn't make progress next season, then I agree that the seat will (and should) start getting warm. 

That's a good point. He got thrown into one of the toughest divisions in college football for his first head coaching job. That's tough. I can't blame him for taking the job, but he has a lot to learn about being a head coach. I was probably too harsh, a better way to put it would've been to say that at this point in his career he's not ready to be a P5 coach. He would've been better off getting HC experience at a smaller school. 

Thought I might watch a little of the Northwestern-Utah game. Now that I see Gus Johnson is on the call, I might watch a lot of the Northwestern-Utah game. Love me some Gus Johnson. 

I still remember when we played PU in hoops in 2012, Matt Roth had come in and hit a couple bombs in the first half. Cody got the ball just outside the free-three line. As the Toiletmakers doubled him, Roth sneaked around a couple screens and got wide-open in front of the PU bench. Cody hit him and right as Roth let fly with another bomb, Gus yelled: "Layup!" ... The Hall was already rocking and I thought the roof was gonna blow off after that 3 swished. Man, that was awesome! 

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Thought I might watch a little of the Northwestern-Utah game. Now that I see Gus Johnson is on the call, I might watch a lot of the Northwestern-Utah game. Love me some Gus Johnson. 

I still remember when we played PU in hoops in 2012, Matt Roth had come in and hit a couple bombs in the first half. Cody got the ball just outside the free-three line. As the Toiletmakers doubled him, Roth sneaked around a couple screens and got wide-open in front of the PU bench. Cody hit him and right as Roth let fly with another bomb, Gus yelled: "Layup!" ... The Hall was already rocking and I thought the roof was gonna blow off after that 3 swished. Man, that was awesome! 

Any mention of Fitzgerald interviewing for the Packers Job?

Dana Holgorsen going from West Virginia to Houston. Going from a Power 5 to a Group of 5 school seems like a backward move, but it looks as if Houston is gonna pony up a lot more money. Plus, a buddy of mine is a WVU alum and said Holgorsen's tenure there was growing tenuous. 

Either way, I'm thinking Houston has it written into his contract -- when he's on the sidelines, a hat is mandatory!

Screen-Shot-2018-08-28-at-2_42.21-PM.thumb.png.1ee8972fa4458ec2f0d873e406170b26.png

24 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Indiana’s last 4 recruiting class rankings in the Big Ten:
2015- 9th
2016- 11th
2017- 13th
2018- 10th

Northwestern:
2015- 10th
2016- 10th
2017- 11th
2018- 14th

They just won the Big Ten West and a Bowl game for 9 wins. At Northwestern. NORTHWESTERN.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They take football a little more seriously.