Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

It's time to stop putting Notre Dame in these games. They play a weak schedule and then get embarrassed come bowl season. 

Notre Dame in premier bowl games this millennium:

2001 Fiesta Bowl: lost 41-9
2006 Fiesta Bowl: lost 34-20
2007 Sugar Bowl: lost 41-14
2013 BCS NCG: lost 42-14
2016 Fiesta Bowl: lost 44-28
2018 Cotton Bowl: lost 30-3

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's time to stop putting Notre Dame in these games. They play a weak schedule and then get embarrassed come bowl season. 

Notre Dame in premier bowl games this millennium:

2001 Fiesta Bowl: lost 41-9
2006 Fiesta Bowl: lost 34-20
2007 Sugar Bowl: lost 41-14
2013 BCS NCG: lost 42-14
2016 Fiesta Bowl: lost 44-28
2018 Cotton Bowl: lost 30-3

"No overwhelming talent disparity with Clemson"

Kelly

Then went on to mention how Love being out hurt so much. So there isn't a huge talent disparity but one guy being out hurts you that much. Okay, no, but there was big difference in talent and depth

"No overwhelming talent disparity with Clemson"

Kelly

Then went on to mention how Love being out hurt so much. So there isn't a huge talent disparity but one guy being out hurts you that much. Okay, no, but there was big difference in talent and depth

No way ND should be in the playoffs. Put them in the BIG East and they wouldn’t be undefeated.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, 323SGrant said:

No way ND should be in the playoffs. Put them in the BIG East and they wouldn’t be undefeated.

I agree. I think it is funny he says there isn't a huge talent disparity, but one guy being out apparently hurt them too much to overcome. This isn't basketball

Notre Dame would have a game with Ohio State. They’d destroy Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana. They’d likely beat Michigan State and Penn State this year. They beat Michigan. They beat Northwestern. They’d beat whatever other team from the god awful West. The Big Ten East was pretty overrated this year. Notre Dame still could have gone undefeated. Notre Dame had a fairly good schedule. They beat Michigan, Northwestern, Stanford and Syracuse. They’ve ended up beating a schedule that’s went 78-72. They definitely played a much tougher schedule than most teams. They also played 8 teams who went bowling. Schedule isn’t an issue for them. But they definitely fail when it comes to the big time games for whatever reason.

Could have, but probably wouldn’t have.