Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

What do those idiots think Brohm is going to say?   Hell yes, I'm interested and I'm ready to get out of this stinkin' West Laffyette just as fast  I can.  I've already got the moving trucks lined up and they'll be loading my furniture just as soon as IU finishes kicking our butt in the Bucket game. 

13 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I haven’t seen a thread on Brady Allen but know IU offered after his Ohio State visit.   Freshman highlights below.  If there is a thread, please add  ...

They might actually care now that there season is over

28 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Kansas is finalizing a deal with Les Miles to make him their next head football coach. Wow. One of the worst P5 fooball programs in the country went out and made a bold move to get better. Fred and IU would never have the balls or commitment to make a move like this. That is why we stink.

Time will tell if this is a good move.  Last time they hired a blue blood cast off it didn't end well for KU (1-18 Big 12 record).

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Kansas is finalizing a deal with Les Miles to make him their next head football coach. Wow. One of the worst P5 fooball programs in the country went out and made a bold move to get better. Fred and IU would never have the balls or commitment to make a move like this. That is why we stink.

Shut up IU football board troll everywhere there’s a message board IU football related....if IU hired him you would’ve found something to piss and moan about. Find another school to root aka whine and cry about. Lol what a cry baby you are. You’re takes are the absolute worst and most of the time you have no credible facts or stats to back anything up. 

You lead a miserable existence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You lead a miserable existence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My guess is Miles will be a complete flop. He won’t be in a fertile recruiting area like Baton Rouge and I’ll bet he ends up being average at best. The guy won mostly on pure talent. 

14 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Shut up IU football board troll everywhere there’s a message board IU football related....if IU hired him you would’ve found something to piss and moan about. Find another school to root aka whine and cry about. Lol what a cry baby you are. You’re takes are the absolute worst and most of the time you have no credible facts or stats to back anything up. 

Wanting your school to do better than Tom Allen and Mike DeBord, or at the least do a coaching search, makes someone a crybaby?

14 hours ago, lucel15 said:

We've got a coordinator masquerading as a head coach because our genius AD couldn't be bothered to do his friggin' job.  Wanting IU to do better than that doesn't make him a cry baby; frankly, wanting IU to do better than that is an extremely low bar.

Would Les Miles have came to IU? Who knows. But if you never ask then the answer is no every time. Sometimes you have to swing for the fences.

We had momentum with Coach Wilson and then Glass fired him. Instead of looking for a home run hire, he bunted. It seems like the #1 thing people mention in favor of Coach Allen is "he'll stay if he has success here". Which, sure, that's nice. But not looking for the best candidate you can find because you're worried he'll leave if he has success is very stupid. You're putting yourself behind the 8 ball before you even start. If a coach is good enough here to get picked off then he'd have had more success than IU football has had in a long time. 

Miles has always needed a ton of talent to win, and he runs an archaic offense. I think he'd struggle to get players here. Besides, we already went the LSU reject route once. Our next hire doesn't have to be a big name, it just needs to be someone who can coach.