Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierAloha

IUBB Crystal Ball Shanigans

So IU is getting no one according to these "experts". Lol

That seems to be the way the CB reflects "picking up the dominoes".

We surely get our share but aren't currently seen as leaders. Hard for "experts" to pick against Duke, UK, and Kansas when they generally get who they want.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We've gained ground on Tucker and Waters in the last week. Scruggs and Wilkes continue to get predictions that are not IU. Bamba, Smith, and Gak have never really had IU predictions.

It should be really interesting to see how the bigs sort out. If Bryant leaves could IU sell one of these bugs on immediate playing time and being the focus?

I believe it goes something like this..
KU - Ayton
Duke - Bamba, Carter, Gak
Cal - McCoy
USC - Preston
WKU - Robinson
UT - Washington
TCU - Vanderbilt
UA - Wiley
Puke - Richards
UI - Tilmon
UCLA - Riley, Hill
UL - Williams, Thomas
Baylor - Obiagu
Ark - Gafford
Ala - Hammonds
Zona - Lee
WVU - Culver
Stanford - Smith
Wiscy - Ruevers
OSU - Wessen

Those are all the PF/C up to #77 Deng Gak. Duke will have some bigs that return and won't get all three. There are others that will have bugs that return and recruits will look elsewhere. I wouldn't mind landing our "backup plan" in Gak as Bamba and Richards go elsewhere.

Love it, Aloha. I don't think Duke gets Carter and Bamba...I think they're shooting for one of the two (looking more like Carter) then Gak as the development guy. 

With regards to IU getting no one, the title of this thread is perfect. 

When you have way too much time in your hands and you can't program... well you come up with these long list. Ha!

I just don't see everyone going where they're predicting them to go. There are some major schools who aren't listed and there will be those wth commits as well.

instead of the experts just getting a point for having a correct cyrstal ball when a recruit commits, how about a negative point for every day you have your crystal ball on the wrong player and a point for every day you have the cyrstal ball on the right player.  Then at least the switching your crystal ball right before a player commits will have little impact. 

That would separate the guessers from the ones that have valid intel.  And they'd be less likely to throw crystal picks up before having a clue.

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

instead of the experts just getting a point for having a correct cyrstal ball when a recruit commits, how about a negative point for every day you have your crystal ball on the wrong player and a point for every day you have the cyrstal ball on the right player.  Then at least the switching your crystal ball right before a player commits will have little impact. 

That would separate the guessers from the ones that have valid intel.  And they'd be less likely to throw crystal picks up before having a clue.

I believe the system is setup like this already.  I don't know the exact formula they use but "experts" who predicted the school correct first get more points or something.  It's an interesting system where some "experts" from schools won't ever pick a player to go to a rival school.  It's just something fun to look at to see if people do have actual inside info but it changes from recruit to recruit.

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

oh ok.  so it pays to put in a crystal ball early and then switch as soon as you think it is more likely someone else

I definitely think there is a way to game the system.  That's most likely it.  If you initially chose the correct school you get those extra points for having it right all along.  If you're not right just switch at the end and still get some points.  Or something like that.

That's exactly it. In their opinion it shows the trajectory and trends of a recruitment. I could pretty much have a CB account. Once OVs (or top lists) are set it gets easy to guess, then switch etc. They definitely piggyback off certain people.

Bozich CB Wilkes for example means more to me than a random yahoo picking UCLA because Meyer did.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners