Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

indianato

The koolade is wearing off.

Actually he hasn't. He wasn't ready for it, that was no secret. He's not the second coming of Joe Montana, no doubt. He was always a project, and has always been a long shot to be the starter except as a matter of necessity. I don't know that I've seen very many freshmen QB's put into his spot who looked very good. Do I  want to see him as the starter? No, not really. I remember when I watched Ben Chappell the first time. He was in the game for one down because the starting QB had been shaken up and had to leave the game for the down. 1 Down, 1 Interception. Played in eleven games as a sophomore, unimpressive. Even as a junior, while he had a lot of numbers, he manage to throw 15 INTs.

Some of you guys need to learn that the staff works to develop players, and if the work at it too, what starts out pretty shaky can develop into a very solid player. Diamont may never start another game at IU, but the moaning and groaning about playing, or being the second stringer is ridiculous.

Are you kidding me? Shame...SHAME on the staff for even thinking, or even thinking about thinking about starting ZD. Sure he's not going to be the starter, but they thought about it!

/sarcasm

51 minutes ago, HoosierReb01 said:

Actually he hasn't. He wasn't ready for it, that was no secret. He's not the second coming of Joe Montana, no doubt. He was always a project, and has always been a long shot to be the starter except as a matter of necessity. I don't know that I've seen very many freshmen QB's put into his spot who looked very good. Do I  want to see him as the starter? No, not really. I remember when I watched Ben Chappell the first time. He was in the game for one down because the starting QB had been shaken up and had to leave the game for the down. 1 Down, 1 Interception. Played in eleven games as a sophomore, unimpressive. Even as a junior, while he had a lot of numbers, he manage to throw 15 INTs.

Some of you guys need to learn that the staff works to develop players, and if the work at it too, what starts out pretty shaky can develop into a very solid player. Diamont may never start another game at IU, but the moaning and groaning about playing, or being the second stringer is ridiculous.

I like bringing him in certain situations to catch the defense off guard. IMO his skill set doesnt fit what Wilsons offense requires of the starting QB.

21 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I like bringing him in certain situations to catch the defense off guard. IMO his skill set doesnt fit what Wilsons offense requires of the starting QB.

I would guess that's how he'll be used. Wilson's offense tends to be a little fluid when it comes to adapting to personnel.

The possibility of Zander being put in to run the wildcat some was thrown around last year and I still think it could be a good idea. Gives the option of multiple runners, someone with the ball who has experience throwing, and as we say vs Ohio State last year, he can even catch some. I know he doesn't have the strongest arm and isn't the most consistent but he did put the ball right on Ricky Jones' hands on the last play of the game with Joey Bosa running at him while fading out of bounds. The potential is there.

So Rabjohns was on local radio and confirmed what some of you guys are saying. Lagow will be the starter but will probably need a few games to solidify himself. Cameron is right there with Diamont for second string. Really likes coach Allen and said for the first time he can remember that the defense has some depth and the guys have the look of big ten quality athletes. Pass rush is lacking. Opponents will see a lot of the run game. Thinks Florida international will get swamped by our run game. Says we should have an advantage with the offensive line and the stable of running backs.

Sent from my LG-H810 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Scales and Crawford are our studs and look the part. I really hope Simmons almost never see's the field. He just doesn't have the speed needed to compete with the elite. He also likes to run into packs of people like he's Trent Richardson. The Dline will be questionable though after losing Latham. But our DB's could finally be improved from recent years with Crawford and Fant. Scales and Oliver are definitely our two best LB's and with the new 4-2-5 look, those two will see plenty of time together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Scales and Crawford are our studs and look the part. I really hope Simmons almost never see's the field. He just doesn't have the speed needed to compete with the elite. He also likes to run into packs of people like he's Trent Richardson. The Dline will be questionable though after losing Latham. But our DB's could finally be improved from recent years with Crawford and Fant. Scales and Oliver are definitely our two best LB's and with the new 4-2-5 look, those two will see plenty of time together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. I miss the days of Middleton and Agunleye

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners