Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2017) OT Caleb Jones to IU

A great start to the 2017 class for sure; can we keep them until signing day? We will see. I think a lot will have to do with how the season goes. If we make another bowl game and possibly upset a team or two (Nebraska? Mich St?), the 4-star talent will follow. If we have a 4 or 5 win season, it will be hard to keep some of the current recruits committed.

3 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

A great start to the 2017 class for sure; can we keep them until signing day? We will see. I think a lot will have to do with how the season goes. If we make another bowl game and possibly upset a team or two (Nebraska? Mich St?), the 4-star talent will follow. If we have a 4 or 5 win season, it will be hard to keep some of the current recruits committed.

We've already taken some hits with Bowden, Henderson and Johnson decommitting. The staff has rebounded nicely and still put a nice foundation together for this class. We will go to a bowl, we will snag an upset and we will finish this class off strong. Slow and steady, we're getting there. I will be all smiles in the near future when it's no longer cool to dog IU football.

We've already taken some hits with Bowden, Henderson and Johnson decommitting. The staff has rebounded nicely and still put a nice foundation together for this class. We will go to a bowl, we will snag an upset and we will finish this class off strong. Slow and steady, we're getting there. I will be all smiles in the near future when it's no longer cool to dog IU football.

I cannot wait for that day! All of my fellow IU alumni friends always laugh when I tell them that the football program is on the rise. Lol I'm hoping I will soon be able to say "I told you so!"

2 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I cannot wait for that day! All of my fellow IU alumni friends always laugh when I tell them that the football program is on the rise. Lol I'm hoping I will soon be able to say "I told you so!"

Trying to get down for my first ever IUFB game this fall, and man it's impossible to find anyone to go with. IUBB would be no problem at all but my friend list seems to be severely lacking Indiana football fans.

Trying to get down for my first ever IUFB game this fall, and man it's impossible to find anyone to go with. IUBB would be no problem at all but my friend list seems to be severely lacking Indiana football fans.

They are fun and everyone is super chill. I've been a season ticket holder for the last 3 years and usually make it to most of the games or give away the tickets if I can't make it. It's usually just another friend and I, sometimes other friends join us. But if you are coming down, let us know and you can always hang with us. We're both in our mid-twenties and we usually grill out and drink before the games.

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

They are fun and everyone is super chill. I've been a season ticket holder for the last 3 years and usually make it to most of the games or give away the tickets if I can't make it. It's usually just another friend and I, sometimes other friends join us. But if you are coming down, let us know and you can always hang with us. We're both in our mid-twenties and we usually grill out and drink before the games.

Looking at one of the September games (Ball St or Wake) as I'm a hunter and most of my Saturdays starting in October consist of me spending a lot of time in the woods. Yeah I'm 23 myself so that would be awesome. I'll find someone to drag down there with me. Not sure if you'd know this but I figure I'd ask anyways, I'm an IU student but I go to a different campus (not Bloomington). Would I get any type of student discount for tickets or do I have to be a Bloomington student?

20 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Looking at one of the September games (Ball St or Wake) as I'm a hunter and most of my Saturdays starting in October consist of me spending a lot of time in the woods. Yeah I'm 23 myself so that would be awesome. I'll find someone to drag down there with me. Not sure if you'd know this but I figure I'd ask anyways, I'm an IU student but I go to a different campus (not Bloomington). Would I get any type of student discount for tickets or do I have to be a Bloomington student?

If you know an IU Bloomington student they can get you a student ticket for $10, I did it for a friend last year, but I'm not sure if IU students from other campuses get the discount. 

7 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Yes, you should be able to. Give the ticket office a call. I know if you attend one of the IU regional campuses you are able to get student basketball/football tickets still. Or you could at least a few years ago. 

I have to miss 3 of the homes games this year due to travel/weddings, but I bought some away tickets to watch at the Big House. Going to be a fun trip.

I agree but look at what we are doing instate. We are locking down Indiana. If we can get a commitment from RJ Potts, we will pretty much have all of the top players outside of Hunter Johnson and Pete Werner.

Recruiting will take time. While improving, the HS talent in Indiana is not nearly to the depth of Michigan or Ohio. We are making impressive progress in Ohio and playing in the B1G East helps.

Honestly, even if we win a bowl game this year we still might not get four star talent. Ohio is very difficult to recruit top talent in: even outside of OSU, Michigan and ND, you have Kentucky, MSU, Pitt, and WVU to compete against. As Indiana HS football continues to improve, then our recruiting classes will naturally get better. In the meantime, we'll continue to make progress in Ohio and supplement our classes with CKW's Chicago, Georgia and Florida pipelines. Getting consistent four star talent out of Ohio, Chicago or the South may be far fetched.

I am perfectly fine with getting three star guys that fit our system. As long as we are competing against other P5 schools and not MAC schools. CKW talked about this at B1G media day: we have a system on offense that is good for developing guys and maximizing talent. We need that same type of system created on defense and have guys buy in. We have the right leaders with Coach Allen and Hagen and are finally investing in the required resources.

2016 IndyStar high school football Super Team.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/all-usa/2016/12/08/heres-who-made-2016-high-school-football-super-team/95136704/

Caleb Jones

Lawrence North, Senior.

College: Indiana.

Stat: The 6-9, 380-pound Jones started from his freshman season and helped revive the program. Was three-time All-Marion County and two-time all-state.