Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2017) OT Caleb Jones to IU

Committed 8/2/16. We were the first to offer last weekend. That's a big boy! 

‏@coach_mal: Congrats to LN football Junior, Caleb Jones!!! Caleb picked up his first offer from Indiana University this morning. #hardworkpaysoff

Indianapolis, IN (Lawrence North)
6'9/320

The big guy rockin' the IUFB tee on his B-Day! Stinky is his only other B1G offer right now..

‏@brijones_24: Crazy watching my baby brother grow up man Happy Birthday @calebballsohard love you more than any & everything ❤ 

Ca3rQdoUMAA2RHl.jpg

I hope we land him, and I hope he develops a mean, nasty streak to go along with that size. With that size, he's probably a right tackle. Lefties need to be a bit quicker on their feet and don't usually come in that size.

Seems like an Andre Smith type for the Bengals. I'd love to start the IU to NFL pipeline for the O line.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:29 AM, ccgeneral said:

Wiltfong picked us earlier this week.

Jones is the No. 6 player in the state per 247Sports. At this point, Jones is also considering Cincinnati and Purdue. Greg Frey has been the one leading the charge for Jones.

McCarthy joined the party a few days ago.

IU 2-0

Recruiting is picking up and we now have our second OT of the class. Welcome to IU Mr. Jones!

@IUCoachWilson: #iufb Opening Up Pre-Season Camp - Team is Prepped & Ready to Roll - One More #BOOM to Welcome the Hoosiers Back 2 BTown - #317 is B1G #GoIU

So much power in his game. Looked like their offense runs a lot and he excelled at pinning defenders away from the runner. Maybe a guard at IU? Not sure he's got the lateral quickness for tackle in the B1G. Not knocking his game, because he looks like he could be a dominant guard with all of that lower body strength.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

45 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

So much power in his game. Looked like their offense runs a lot and he excelled at pinning defenders away from the runner. Maybe a guard at IU? Not sure he's got the lateral quickness for tackle in the B1G. Not knocking his game, because he looks like he could be a dominant guard with all of that lower body strength.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems like I've read that the interest was at guard, but I'm not sure. And its not knocking his game to question whether he fits in at particular position over another. That's much better than a few years back when we were questioning why we were taking a commit who should have gone FCS.