Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Yogi Ferrell - Partizan Basketball Club (Serbia)

2 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Sounds like they still expect to resign him.

They do. I'm generally surprised. Thought they would keep Seth Curry over Yogi since they don't have a lot of shooters but do have a lot of ball handlers. However, Cuban really likes Yogi so picked him over the two. I'm glad to see him stick around another year or two here!

Yogi is not signing the deal with Dallas. I'm guessing another team is coming with a higher offer.

Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania 3m3 minutes ago

Sources: Guard Yogi Ferrell has changed course on Dallas Mavericks deal in order to reenter free agency. “We felt uncomfortable and will weigh our options,” agent Cervando Tejeda said.

6 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I bet it’s more to do with opportunity than money. They’ve got too many ball handlers for him to really get a legit shot imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He took less by not accepting qualifying offer. I think he was pissed that by doing that the Mavs didn't guarantee his second year. Basically, Mavs got the best of both worlds in this situation. If Yogi was going to take less they should have made a concession and given him 2 guaranteed years. Otherwise, they could just cut him after this year and lose nothing. 

5 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Yogi ended up doing better than what Dallas was offering - great for him. It does suck he is going to a disfunctional franchise that has a lot of guards but at least he is getting $$$. 

They have a lot less guards than Dallas. He should be the backup over Mason.

26 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

They have a lot less guards than Dallas. He should be the backup over Mason.

He would have been the backup to Doncic. The plan was to move Dennis Smith to SG so I don't think the PT changes much although probably a little more backing up Fox. 

3 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He would have been the backup to Doncic. The plan was to move Dennis Smith to SG so I don't think the PT changes much although probably a little more backing up Fox. 

I read they were planning on using him as the backup SG (I'm assuming Barea as the backup pg) and it seems like that was a big deal to him. They also just drafted Brunson who could play now.