Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Yogi Ferrell - Partizan Basketball Club (Serbia)

Yogi played a game high 43 minutes in a Mavs OT loss to the Lakers today. 11 points on 5-14 FG, 1-10 3FG (oof), 10 boards, 4 assists, 0 TOs. 

He's been watching his Hoosiers clanking 3s. Didn't want them to feel too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kudos to Yogi 

Kevin Yogi Ferrell‏Verified account @YogiFerrell11 

Excited to launch my foundation @ferrellfamilyfoundation with the support of @jonathansplacetx Thank You @mcuban @dallasmavs @kilism for not only being a part of Foster Care Saturday but helping make it happen. If you want to get involved, donate to @jonathansplacetx.

DcXe5ruV0AArZbw.jpg

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Dallas has tendered a qualifying offer to guard Yogi Ferrell and he'll become a restricted free agent on July 1, league source tells ESPN.

Restricted free agent. ... For any other player to be a restricted free agent, he must be at most a three-year NBA veteran, and his team must have made a Qualifying Offer for either 125% of his previous season's salary or the minimum salary plus $200,000, whichever offer is higher.  

Tim MacMahon‏Verified account @espn_macmahon 

Mavs expect guard Yogi Ferrell to play for $2.9M qualifying offer this season, per source. Team will be patient looking for bargains with $4.4M cap-room exception or remaining cap space. Dirk will get exception or rest of cap space, whichever is more.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tim MacMahon‏Verified account @espn_macmahon 

Mavs expect guard Yogi Ferrell to play for $2.9M qualifying offer this season, per source. Team will be patient looking for bargains with $4.4M cap-room exception or remaining cap space. Dirk will get exception or rest of cap space, whichever is more.

Damn that sucks for Yogi. Like really sucks. Nobody had money this FA period and he will most likely see way less minutes this year. 

11 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Damn that sucks for Yogi. Like really sucks. Nobody had money this FA period and he will most likely see way less minutes this year. 

He's an undrafted, fringe starter on arguably the worst team in the league. He's also fairly undersized and a defensive liability. I knew he had a chance at the league but I didn't even expect him to be around for four seasons at this point. He should be happy with the $3 mil.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Three million dollars to play basketball!?!

That does NOT suck.

It's definitely on the low end for a good back up guard. I mean Fred Van Vleet, who is better than Yogi but not by a ton, just got 9 million a year. Of course it's still a lot of money. It just sucks that he couldn't get more, which he probably could've in a different year. I'm sure this wasn't the contract he hoped he'd be signing. 

23 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

It's definitely on the low end for a good back up guard. I mean Fred Van Vleet, who is better than Yogi but not by a ton, just got 9 million a year. Of course it's still a lot of money. It just sucks that he couldn't get more, which he probably could've in a different year. I'm sure this wasn't the contract he hoped he'd be signing. 

I shouldn’t be such a smart-a$$. There is potential and examples for guys like him to get more; but he’s got about five years left to earn like that.

Still doesn’t suck; he’s a squared away guy that’s set for life.