Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Troy Williams - Taiwan Beer (Taiwan Super League)

Final stats :

@troywilliams_: 23pts, 4reb
@Jmyke1: 21pts, 8reb
@mconley11: 19pts, 7ast
@DrewRoc5: 14pts, 6reb

Always thought his game was well suited for NBA style especially if he could become a respectable shooter. Go Troy!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Final stats :

@troywilliams_: 23pts, 4reb
@Jmyke1: 21pts, 8reb
@mconley11: 19pts, 7ast
@DrewRoc5: 14pts, 6reb

Always thought his game was well suited for NBA style especially if he could become a respectable shooter. Go Troy!

And... four steals.

save some crow for me.  might need to prepare them in tiny portions considering how many of us are due some.  i didnt think he had the composure or defense reliability to warrant a roster spot in the nba.  memphis coach obviously thinks he can hold his own, giving him increasing opportunity to earn that spot.  williams has played 26.8 mpg in 5 memphis games, team-high minutes in 2 of the last 3, and registered a +/- of +10 or higher in 3 of 5.  he's playing as well or better than all of his direct competition in ennis, stephens, harrison and selden, but would certainly benefit from another plus game wednesday.

Awesome for Troy. Really happy for him. Hope the Grizz do the right thing.

The Grizz will do what they think best benefits the Grizz. Currently, that certainly appears to include Troy. That's great for him and us. Knowing what we Hoosiers fans know, we expect streaky results from Troy.
If he can keep those bad game streaks to a minimum especially early as he has done, things are looking up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Always said Troy would be a better NBA player than college. The bad Troy things here are cause of the different types of games. I watch NBA regularly and I will tell you its get the ball and push. Turnovers happen to the best. LeBron has had horrible turnover games, but there is 82 games, so its not put under a microscope each time he has a game like that as it is in college. Troy always played to fast for even Creans system, but in the NBA its perfect. As an diehard IU fan I got mad at Troy, but when it came to the NBA I laughed when many IU fans said his game would struggle. Just cause the Warriors shoot 3's doesn't mean everyone does. If your a average shooter your fine as long as you have other skills and athletic ability which no one doubted will give ya a shot. I always expected this outta Troy maybe not this early though. He will be on a roster somewhere, hopefully its the Grizz for taking a shot on him. Now if Yogi can make it our alumni in the league is getting better. Noah looks great in preseason, Victor is getting a lot of media attention & coming off a 16 ppg season & improved shooting, Cody played very well down the stretch last year, Gordon just got a new deal and Yogi has a decent shot and will make a few appearances throughout the year regardless. 

Always said Troy would be a better NBA player than college. The bad Troy things here are cause of the different types of games. I watch NBA regularly and I will tell you its get the ball and push. Turnovers happen to the best. LeBron has had horrible turnover games, but there is 82 games, so its not put under a microscope each time he has a game like that as it is in college. Troy always played to fast for even Creans system, but in the NBA its perfect. As an diehard IU fan I got mad at Troy, but when it came to the NBA I laughed when many IU fans said his game would struggle. Just cause the Warriors shoot 3's doesn't mean everyone does. If your a average shooter your fine as long as you have other skills and athletic ability which no one doubted will give ya a shot. I always expected this outta Troy maybe not this early though. He will be on a roster somewhere, hopefully its the Grizz for taking a shot on him. Now if Yogi can make it our alumni in the league is getting better. Noah looks great in preseason, Victor is getting a lot of media attention & coming off a 16 ppg season & improved shooting, Cody played very well down the stretch last year, Gordon just got a new deal and Yogi has a decent shot and will make a few appearances throughout the year regardless. 

While I agree the speed of NBA helps Troy, I think we need to take a step back and wait for him to produce in the regular season before the "I told you so's"

18 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

While I agree the speed of NBA helps Troy, I think we need to take a step back and wait for him to produce in the regular season before the "I told you so's"

This times like a million. Producing in summer league and preseason is great...... but lets wait until he is playing against NBA level defenders actually giving effort on a nightly basis

Maybe the "I told you so's were for people who said Troy wouldn't sniff or have a chance at competing for a NBA spot. "I hope u have your passport ready" Troy has exceeded some people expectations. Does it mean he will be a contributor for the grizzlies this year?Probably not but to me it sure makes his decision to leave early look more realistic then it did before

Maybe the "I told you so's were for people who said Troy wouldn't sniff or have a chance at competing for a NBA spot. "I hope u have your passport ready" Troy has exceeded some people expectations. Does it mean he will be a contributor for the grizzlies this year?Probably not but to me it sure makes his decision to leave early look more realistic then it did before

To be fair I was one of those people. At this point it would be wrong for people to shift the argument to saying, "let's see if he does something in the regular season." Very few including myself thought it would get to that point. Looks like he is. Tip your cap at the kid looking at a realistic chance at living his dream.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That would be fine but his "I told you so" was saying he would be successful in the NBA and so far he hasn't shown either way on that.