Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Troy Williams - Taiwan Beer (Taiwan Super League)

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I kinda feel bad for him. If he had people truly in his corner, instead of people trying to laugh all the way to the bank, he probably wouldn't be in this situation. Hope he took a foreign language class at IU. 

He got feedback from the NBA a year ago and frankly it looked like he completely ignored it. It's on him not the people close to him. 

I kinda feel bad for him. If he had people truly in his corner, instead of people trying to laugh all the way to the bank, he probably wouldn't be in this situation. Hope he took a foreign language class at IU. 

Just an educated guess but I don't think uncle Boo signed off on Troy to the D League (at best). I think Troy had his mind made up and completely ignored the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A Suns coach said he is an NBA player. Said he needs to use his athleticism to play D, dunk everything, and hit corner threes.

He hasn't shown to be consistent from anywhere from 3. He can't play defense. For him it is mental. He is almost Gerald Green with a lot less potential and hops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow you guys are hard on Troy. As bhaggard89 said, Troy has great potential to be a "3 and D" player in the pro's, and excelling in transition. Everyone is criticizing his shot. I think he gets a bad rep because he forces shots. If he worked within a system and focused on the corner three, he could be quite effective. His form isn't bad and he has a high release point.

Europe would do Troy good. Coaches over there don't put up with guys who won't play in a system. He'd either conform or fail doing things his way. Europe is probably his best path to the NBA IMO.

Troy has very solid potential to be the first or second guy off the bench. Athletic wings that can shoot corner threes, defend and run in transition are getting paid very well in the NBA. Teams can't have enough of these types of players. Troy has that skill set.

Wow you guys are hard on Troy. As bhaggard89 said, Troy has great potential to be a "3 and D" player in the pro's, and excelling in transition. Everyone is criticizing his shot. I think he gets a bad rep because he forces shots. If he worked within a system and focused on the corner three, he could be quite effective. His form isn't bad and he has a high release point.

Europe would do Troy good. Coaches over there don't put up with guys who won't play in a system. He'd either conform or fail doing things his way. Europe is probably his best path to the NBA IMO.

Troy has very solid potential to be the first or second guy off the bench. Athletic wings that can shoot corner threes, defend and run in transition are getting paid very well in the NBA. Teams can't have enough of these types of players. Troy has that skill set.

Troy doesn't have that skill set. That is the problem. He isn't a 3 and D player. Because he can't shoot 3's and can't play D. He could be one if he worked at it and understand that it's the only way he will make it.

Troy doesn't have that skill set. That is the problem. He isn't a 3 and D player. Because he can't shoot 3's and can't play D. He could be one if he worked at it and understand that it's the only way he will make it.

His three point shooting is not as bad as you think.

20 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

Right.. he shot 38-117 in 3 years. His shot mechanics are poor to say the least. His best bet to make the league is to try and be Trevor Ariza.

His shot mechanics on his 3 greatly improved from freshman to sophomore year. As someone else said, his shot selection was poor this past season, but it's possible that his desire to impress NBA scouts led him to take more of these bad shots. He's a respectable 3 point shooter, shot over 36% his final two years in college.

Don't really get the hate. Saying he has zero NBA skill is pretty harsh. A lot of hate directed towards him because of his mother, but the kid made a decision that he thought was best for himself and the people he cares about. No need to rip on him. Sort of a bitter-ex move to continue to do so...