Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2017) SG M.J. Walker

UA Camp: M.J. Walker says Maryland, Florida State, IU and others targeting him

1468482.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
EVAN DANIELS
2:21 PM

CHARLOTTE -- Five-star Georgia native MJ Walker is gearing up for a big summer. Heading into the July evaluation periods, Walker said Maryland and Florida State are prioritizing him, with IU, NC State, USC and California starting to pick up the attention.

Evaluation Notes

M.J. Walker is in the midst of an impressive spring and summer. 

Walker, a 6-foot-4 strongly built perimeter prospect, is leading the Under Armour Association in scoring at 20.7 points per game. Walker has made strides to his game over the past year, especially in the scoring department. He's a confident shooter from distance, but his strength, athleticism and all around skill set help him driving the ball and scoring from both mid-range and long distance.

Walker is regarded as a five-star prospect in the 2017 class.

His name has recently popped up in our Jordan Tucker thread and indications we're looking.  

Played AAU ball on the Under Armour circuit for Atlanta Xpress -  stats are found under the name of James Walker.  In 12 games he averaged 20.7 PPG on 47% shooting; 34% on 3's; 82% on FT's; 4 reb; 2 asst; 2 stsl; 1 TO.

I have wondered why we didn't try for this kid sooner. Seems like one of the most under recruited 5 stars. We could possibly land this kid.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

There is a reason for this "under recruited" 5star, what is it? Does he already belong to a UA school??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is a reason for this "under recruited" 5star, what is it? Does he already belong to a UA school??

Haven't looked that far yet. Found out KU is really making a harder push than most thought, which is never good. UCLA is starting to go hard after him, which is weird because Bowen backed out after Wilkes. Now they have O'Bannon as well. FSU is the only school he has visited and most thought he was likely headed there, so maybe that is why the sudden pick up. Just dropped 41 the other night and his highlights Malik Monkish to me. Not as good, but not far off.

We did we were in his top 11 I believe but we probably prioritized Wilkes more at the time. Didn't work out for IU

I think he has more to do with the high school he attends. We never seem to be real players from anyone from there.

He messed that up himself

Exactly!! If that is the reasoning I am happy Crean stays away. Perea had a longer leash than most. He got the PT he deserved. It just wasn't a good fit. A partier at a big time party school. Wish him luck at ETSU though.

Monday at the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach - Walker with 20 pts. and 7 reb.  Walker was the only player from his team to hit a field goal in the first 14 minutes of the Cardinals’ 55-42 loss to Westchester. He had 11 of his team’s 14 points at the half.